Is this my longitute/ latitude

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Passion+ HD, Various Mac's, too many gadgets to count.
My Location
South Yorkshire
Just going to attempt to mount my motor, I would be greatful if somebody could confirm if these are my settings for usuals set up
Dishpointer reports my position as
Latitude: 53.425°
Longitude: -1.063°

So the settings I need are
Latitude 53.4 North
Longitude 1 West

Is this right?

I am going to line up my dish & motor due south, switch on usuals, enter long/ lat & send my dish to Thor 0.8. Then get best signal on Thor. Is this the best way ?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you can enter 1.06 then do so, or perhaps 1.1 if it only allows 1 decimal place.

Send your dish to Thor using USALS and then move the lot round the mast to due South and fine tune the dish elevation adjustment and the whole assembly azimuth until you find Thor.

surfgeek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Passion+ HD, Various Mac's, too many gadgets to count.
My Location
South Yorkshire
rolfw said:
If you can enter 1.06 then do so, or perhaps 1.1 if it only allows 1 decimal place.

Send your dish to Thor using USALS and then move the lot round the mast to due South and fine tune the dish elevation adjustment and the whole assembly azimuth until you find Thor.

Thanks Rolfw, yes I will use as many decimal points as possible,but am I correct that it is 1.06 west not east, thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
West boss.....