• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is this satellite package a good deal

My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
west midlands
Hello.

1) What exactly is a satellite motor?
2) How can i expect to pay for someone to install my dish?

Thanks

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
1. A gear driven electromagnetic spindle operated device with some clever circuitry...

2. Cheque, Credit/Debit card, cash....

:D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look in the pictures of members' setups section, there are a few pictures of dishes with motors. Prices vary for installation and it depends on what you are providing in the way of equipment.

Do a search on the forum for Clarke Belt, this will tell you why a motor is needed to view different satellites.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Hello Mr Orange!

Welcome to the forum :)

My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
west midlands
I am thinking of buying this of eBay. ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-1500-CI

I want to be able to get feeds on Telstar 12 at 15 degrees west.

Some questions I have

1) What exactly is a motor - I am under the impression that a motor will change the location of the dish, ie move the dish??

2) How much can i expect to pay for a satellite installer to install the dish etc.

Thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Have merged the two threads, as you are duplicating. The Deal seems OK, my answer above about installation charges applies. Try ringing some local installers and asking what they charge.

J

Jeff_19341

If you are only after feeds from 15*west why do you need a motor?
A nice 90-100cm dish and receiver should save you quite a bit. Also a single satellite installation will be cheaper from an installer.