istallation Help needed

A

ajay99

I am looking for someone in North Lincs to install a motorised 1.1 meter dish, does anyone know a reputable installer??

I am also wondering how I input manually, channels for an echostar 2510ivp, I have tried to follow the manuall but without success so an idiot proof guide is needed.
thanks
Ajay

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Re inputting manually the channels for the Echostar receiver:

it depends exactly what you mean.
You can get new channels in using a variety of methods.
The simplest is to simply rescan the satellite (auto-search) or a particular transponder (TP-search) or a network of related transponders (Network-search) - functions available from the "program satellites" option of the "installation" menu.

Those functions will pull in any changes/new channels (the auto-search will completely wipe the slate clean for that satellite and repopulate the channel list). But they only work by scanning the transponders already defined in the database.

If you want to set up a new transponder (or change an existing one), you need to do that from either the edit-transponder function or else from the "edit/add TP/sat" function of the advanced installation menu.
Once the new tpx is added, you can scan it.

Adding or repositioning satellites can also be done from that same advanced menu.

The final option is to add a channel completely manually. IE not using the scan at all. To do this, you need to be in that advanced installation/add-tp-sat function again. Then select the transponder with which you wish to associate the channel, and go down to the channel-name and PID fields. Fill in the name and the video & audio PIDs by hand. This can be useful for setting up channels that do not get pulled in automatically via a scan (there are a few, such as Tara on intel601 with PIDS 32 & 33).

The Echostar manuals do leave much to be desired....

2old

A

ajay99

Once again 2 old you are a saviour, I will do my best at attempting this, At one point I had tv1000 1&2 also tv1000 baltic but after doing a search of satellite I no longer have these?? I am confused as to why they disappeared..
anyway thank you for the quiet in depth response.
Ajay99

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
the defaults settings database provided in the recent software for the Echostar receivers contains an 'error'. The transponder on Sirius under which those chanels you mention fall, has the wrong polarity. Check the setting against (eg) Lyngsat and you'll see. So solution is to change the polarity and re-scan that transponder.

Correct setting is 12034/H/27500 fec 3/4

Of course, it could be that you've deleted the transponder altogether, in which case you need to re-add it and scan as I described.

2old

vinc21

Reaction score
for 2old4this my mates 3000ip wont d/l tv1000,baltic ect your reply "lyngsat" and polarity would you please explain if you will.~vinc21

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
all firmware for the newer Echosttar receivers comes with a built-in "default" database of settings. IE if you do a factory reset, you don't have an empty machine - you have a machine with a full set of satellites and tranponders aleady in its database. They are set up manually by Echostar staff who prepare the firmware versions. Sometimes a mistake or ommission is made. It so happens that one such mistake was once made with respect to the polarity of a particular Scandanavian tranponder.

The solution is simple enough - just go and edit it to be the correct polarity by using the advanced installation menu. The correct

Users need to know in any case how to add/change those settings. Anyone who only ever uses the defaults provided by Echostar will quickly find they are "out of date" - since changes to tranponders are taking place all the time (even new saellites are being launched - they need to be added manually if you ever expect to receive their transmissions).

The reference to Lyngsat is because that site contains full and up-to-the-minute details of satellites, transponders and all other transmission settings data. That is the site which will tell you, for example, whether a particular channel is carried on a vertically- or horizontally-polarised signal.

Hope this helps
2old