Italian Tivu Sat in the Uk

Dodge9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
London, UK
Hi, We currently pay for Italian sky but recently some programmes have been encypted. We are not sure why this is but it seems there is some bureacratic nonsense going on over there.
There are a few products available one being Tivu sat. Does anyone know if this product faces the same encrypting problems with some programmes as the sky sat system?
It make sense for us to get a free sat package using the Hotbird satelite but we want to get the right one without any issues. Any advice on any of the products available would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Hello Andy

We have a TivùSat Forum for this kind of stuff: Not much in it yet because it seems only now on the verge of really taking off - and even then,only on a region by region basis.

Have a look through some of the Threads there, if you like.

Our collective info is rather woolly and unsatisfactory at present!

But there is a Thread about equipment and there are odd bits and pieces about CAMS and Cards.

Basically TivùSat is a relatively simple single payment system which entitles those with evidence of having an Italian address and Licence to obtain a Card which will allow access to and decryption of (where necessary) the relevant Channels.

The one which is causing grief to FTA consumers right now is Canale 5.

Dodge9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
London, UK
Hi, Thanks for that information. So if I have understood correctly. We can buy the basic package in this country but we need proof of address in italy to receive the card that sorts out any encryption.
We have this so it would not be a problem.
Can you tell me what FTA is?

Thanks again.

Andy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
FTA = Free To Air - ie the channel is transmitted in the clear.

You cant buy Tivusat in the UK (yet) - you need to get all the kit in Italy and ship it back.