Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 3500+usb
Stab Motor
90cm dish
My Location
Costa Brava
Hi i have a ds430n reciever near barcelona spain
and i recieve all the fta channels and channel 4 and channel 5 with my freeview card, and the signal strength is excellent.
now i have taken the satellite cable and plugged it into a fta reciever and scanned for channels and i dont get any bbc or itv channels
why is this and can i do anything about it?

i have a 80cm dish and a blue line ap8-t2bl lnb
thx in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Make sure that the FTA receiver has the correct transponders in its list. You'll find the transponder frequencies here.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
What SR and FEC rates is your fta stb set to scan for?
Something not right here.... if you click here that shows you the pages for mti's but if you then click on your lnb page it says universal then click on spes on that page for your lnb it shows it as high band only 11.7 to 12.75GHz and since BBC etc are 10.7 to 10.8 GHz you should not be receivng them with that lnb at all on either receiver. Are you sure about your equipment???

metadata

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 3500+usb
Stab Motor
90cm dish
My Location
Costa Brava
Topper, i am using that lnb and i am now picking up both itv and bbc channels after adding the transponders to the fta stb wierd but its working fine!!
thanks to all

benidormgary

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sigh-only Sky for now-Im back in the UK.......
My Location
Blackpool(Ex-Benidorm and Paignton)
Quite a few of these FTA boxes are not pre-programmed with all satellites or all transponders.Some I have bought recently havent got 2D or Eurobird1(and their transponders) pre-programmed into them.I suppose a "blind scan" receiver would pick them up,but I not sure if the cheaper ones have that facility.Some FTA boxes have a list of satellites built-in,but they have to be actioned(ticked) before they will scan that satellite.Some boxes require a "New Sat" manually input with some,or even all the transponders manually input.