ITV HD Humax HDCI-2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000, Dragon Twin CAM 4.1, DVDO HD+ scaler, Sony LCD TV
My Location
Nottingham, UK
I've been fiddling around with the ITV HD settings, and I find that the brief dropout after 8 seconds can be fixed by setting PMT ID to 8192 (which the Humax seems to use as a 'not set' setting). The only side effect of this is to lose the Dolby symbol on the info bar, however the sound itself is still Dolby.

Another curiosity is that setting the SID to the value suggested elsewhere (10510) results in no picture as the VPID is overwritten with 8192. This presumably is one of the 'counter measures' used by ITV to limit reception to Freesat boxes.

I've been trying to find some info as to exactly what the SID (Service ID) does, but without success. Wikipedia for example has details of PAT, PMT, VPID etc. but nothing on SID. :confused Any ideas anyone for a source of info?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I think it's the receiver that sets the vpid to 8192 (invalid or dummy pid) if it recognises the stream as audio only?

A paragraph of explanation here -

_www.technisat.com/index1d69.html?nav=Satellite_glossary,en,38&index=S

So perhaps setting the SID to '0' doesn't restrict the receiver to a defined vpid or apid value? (guesswork on my part :confused)

Llew

Bob Warriner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Humax 9200T.
Pioneer PDP-434HE.
Mission all round.
ICOM IC-R75.
Wellbrook HF Loop.
Octava HDMI Switcher.
Home Built Computer
3.06Mhz Pentium.
XP OS.
My Location
West Sussex UK
David J Robinson said:
I've been fiddling around with the ITV HD settings, and I find that the brief dropout after 8 seconds can be fixed by setting PMT ID to 8192 (which the Humax seems to use as a 'not set' setting). The only side effect of this is to lose the Dolby symbol on the info bar, however the sound itself is still Dolby.

Hi David, I find that when switching to ITVHD the picture is there in all it's glory but without sound, after about 8 seconds the picture dissappears for a fraction of a second and returns with the sound.

This is not something that concerns me as they are still in testing mode, but just wondered if that was what you were trying to eliminate.

I've always been impressed by the Humax HDCI-2000, and if ITVHD is resolvable on this receiver when they start normal transmissions I will probably use that instead of the FoxsatHD box and the red button facility, I'm not too fussed about an EPG on a receiver, but I realise that it is necessary on the PVR of course.

I must confess to switching over to ITVHD quite frequently in the hope that they are back to normal programming....much to my wife's annoyance :-rofl2 the GMTV transmissions on Friday morning were stunning.

I would be interested to know whether anyone has experimented with the audio pids on CH4HD, I can't believe that there isn't an answer to this somewhere, the lipsync problem is very annoying 'O'-red.
I suppose the only hope is that it is sorted out by the time they go over to FreeSat and then we will all know the audio settings ;)

Rgds Bob.

ANDY COTTAM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
:-shhSAT
My Location
ENGLAND
:-applauseTHANK YOU i have struggled with this for months, and
got lost because of lack of help and guidance, this is tremendous

ANDY COTTAM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
:-shhSAT
My Location
ENGLAND
developers said:
I've attached a zip of my working list which is based on my setup of 13, 19 and 28 sats so unless you use the same I suggest you simply copy and paste the last line ITV HD and any others you want. The only way I could get it working was the method described above as there seems to be a hidden parameter somewhere I don't know which defines whether the channel is HD.

I hope this helps someone.

Jem
Thank you for this

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000, Dragon Twin CAM 4.1, DVDO HD+ scaler, Sony LCD TV
My Location
Nottingham, UK
Bob Warriner said:
Hi David, I find that when switching to ITVHD the picture is there in all its glory but without sound, after about 8 seconds the picture disappears for a fraction of a second and returns with the sound.
Just to confirm, these are the settings I am using:

SID: 0 (or 65535)
PMT PID: 3400
VPID: 3401
APID: 3402
PCR PID: 3401
SUBTITLE PID: 0
TELETEXT PID: 8192

When I tune to the channel I get vision and sound (Dolby), the info banner shows HD and 1080i and the OPT+ button is dead. After the 8 second 'bump', the info banner also shows subtitles and Dolby and the OPT+ button shows subtitles 'subtitle1' and audio (Dolby) 'sound1'.

If I take the PMT PID setting out, the 8 second bump never happens.

The 8 second reset appears to be caused by not having a valid SID, because as a test I tried taking out SID on BBC HD, and it then behaves exactly like ITV HD.

What we are going to need eventually, is for some clever person to come up with the right subtitle PID. At the moment I have put in one more than the audio PID as a guess - I await an actual programme to see if this works.

Slightly OT, the Channel 4 HD problem I believe is a Humax software bug. It is being transmitted on a Sky transponder, and the lipsync problem occurs on all Sky HD channels (that I can get anyway). I believe that when the Humax sees a PCR PID that is different from the VPID and the channel is HD then the Humax does not use the PCR properly and therefore the lip sync is unlocked and drifts. Humax blame the CAM but they would say that, wouldn't they? :mad:

When C4HD goes FTA it will be on a different transponder which may have the side effect of fixing the lipsync, if VPID = PCR PID.

Now that Humax have their Freesat boxes to think about, we can surely kiss goodbye to any faint hope of bug fixes for the HDCI2000. :-deadhorse

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
Hi,

Just having connected up 2 Humac HCDI2000, one running version 7 & one version 15 software, both have no sound on ITV HD, using the reccomended settings. I also don't see the 8 second glitch.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
:confused

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
When I found out the way to get this sorted (see post 2 above) I could ONLY get sound and vision following that proceedure exactly. It worked on 11 and 15 firmware tested by me - no idea about v 7. Did you follow my method?
Jem

Hans

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xHDCI-2000,
1xPRHD-1000,
1xDigiCorder HD S2, Technisat Gigasystem 17/8 G,
3 x Quatro LNB,
90cm Dish
28.2°, 19.2°, 13°
My Location
Zurich Switzerland
Hi everybody

I did exactly as developers has written in post 2, and it works with versions 11, 13, and 15. The only problem I’ve got is that the box gets sometimes stuck, and I have to reset.

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
Hmmm, settings seem to be exactly the same....
One thing that has occured to me, is there sound on the HDMI on ITV HD, or indeed any sound on the test loop?

Thanks.

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
Just a thought, where can I get firmware V11 to try?

Thanks.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
It's not the settings we can see that seem to cure the problem. To make it work I had to copy BBC HD with it's HD tag, this makes it appear in the HD list when you press the red button twice as well so there must be something we don't have access to which makes the difference.
Jem

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
Strange, that's what I did. It shows up in the HD list.
I'll try again later, when I get a chance.

Thanks again

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
OK itv HD should work if you followed the proceedure. I've just checked and mine is still fine. If you want to step back the firmware _http://shop.euro1080.tv/page.php?lang=EN&itemno=18 has the v11 software if you want it. You do get CH4 HD picture but the lip sync is miles out!
Jem

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
I'll give V11 a try on the other box.
I have managed to gte ITV HD with sound by loading L53_14_May_0530_(DC15_1.1.1).fdf in, but now I seem to have crahed it and lost everything...
I'll let you know how I get on.

Malpas 8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
Derbyshire Dales
I had a go with the method posted at the begining of this thread and yes it scrubbed all my channels. I downloaded V15 software, double checked the ITV HD settings And Brit Shorts was on the List. Downloaded the list last night and YES we have ignition with the slight sound delay.

Missed the Champions League Final but I presume some of the European Champioships will be on ITV HD?

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire.
There are three main reasons, as I understand it, where the channels are cleared, one where the receiver is switched off before it finishes a reboot after channel list download, one where a motorised list is used for a static installation and one where an edit places a channel in the group for a different satellite. Sound lip sync can be adjusted by holding the mute button or do you mean the glitch where it dissapears for a second or two on first tuning. Anyway glad it's working now.
Jem

joefitzg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax hdci2000 pace digibox
samsung series 6 40in full hd panel 100hz
golden interstar dsr80001
My Location
spain
Many thanks developer itv hd working fine sound and vision in south eastern spain

Bob Warriner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Humax 9200T.
Pioneer PDP-434HE.
Mission all round.
ICOM IC-R75.
Wellbrook HF Loop.
Octava HDMI Switcher.
Home Built Computer
3.06Mhz Pentium.
XP OS.
My Location
West Sussex UK
shop91 said:
Hmmm, settings seem to be exactly the same....
One thing that has occured to me, is there sound on the HDMI on ITV HD, or indeed any sound on the test loop?

Thanks.

I've set up my receiver using the fixed dish list, and have NO problems with ITVHD, the sound is there on both SD and HD via HDMI after the 8sec glitch on both the test loop and normal programming when available. so don't really have an answer to your problem.

You could start over I suppose, but time consuming :mad:

Rgds Bob.

shop91

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000
My Location
UK
After many trys and software changes, it's now working on V11 & V15 firmware. Not sure why it didn't work before, maybe when I crashed the box & had to start again helped....
Used the Freesat.zip, thanks for all of the help, still don't know why it didn't work to start with.
Thanks for all of the help!