ITV HD on Passion+ Newbie needs help

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
tjI

thats what I do not understand I have tried restoring the factory reset and Ch5 and some other channels disappear, above 320, so I thought I would move the cjannel and I can not get my head arround that as I enter channel edit, use mosaic to select the channel than it says selcy move or cancel select move and that's it nothing I have downlaoded seteditpassion but I have not tried to use it yet, I was hoping rather than pay the £24 for the programme someone could explain the move channel option?

in the mean time I will try your method and report back but I need to wait till SWMBO is not about incase of problems.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
barney100 said:
thats what I do not understand I have tried restoring the factory reset and Ch5 and some other channels disappear, above 320, so I thought I would move the cjannel and I can not get my head arround that as I enter channel edit, use mosaic to select the channel than it says selcy move or cancel select move and that's it nothing I have downlaoded seteditpassion but I have not tried to use it yet, I was hoping rather than pay the £24 for the programme someone could explain the move channel option?
Try installing the update the way I did it,and factory reset,to move channels you have to select the one you want to move and then select where you want to move it to so you will have clicked the mosiac button twice,it usually moves to the one directly below the one you have chosen,but I am sure if you reinstall the update using the power off/on way and reset you will have all the channels in order ....:-dangerTony

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
tjl said:
Try installing the update the way I did it,and factory reset,to move channels you have to select the one you want to move and then select where you want to move it to so you will have clicked the mosiac button twice,it usually moves to the one directly below the one you have chosen,but I am sure if you reinstall the update using the power off/on way and reset you will have all the channels in order ....:-dangerTony
okay will I need to do a rescan to find all the channels though?

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
barney100 said:
okay will I need to do a rescan to find all the channels though?
If I remember rightly when you power it back up from installing update it and go into reset it goes through asking you for where your country is and the location of where you live,just like when you first set up the machine it will also ask you for the channels you want,I chose uk free and off it went,

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi
Regarding the problem you are having moving channels I found the instruction book a bit vauge I think from memory what you are doing is correct by selecting the channel by the mosaic then you must select the channel location using the key pad eg if you want to move channel 5 to position 5 or whatever the number that is now shown in the list you have to enter that number before you press move Hope this helps
Regards

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
I have found that the easiest way to edit channel lists is to use SetEdit. Here is the thread with the attachment you need.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/freesat/124440-some-success-itv-hd-fortec-passion-2.html

Just copy and paste into a new window and have a look 3/4 of the way down for Setedit for the Passion. You need to transfer the channel info to a usb stick and then edit it on your computer and then transfer it back to your Passion.

You can move channels, edit them, delete them and even delete groups, the only downside is you don't get the picture preview so you still need to do a bit of editing on the Passion.

Peter B.

Briamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC STAR
PASSION HD
My Location
HAMPSHIRE
Hi
I note your method of sorting channels but it seems more complicated having to download to your computer and then transfering etc when I have just sat in front of my set and used the remote control to organise As I said in my previous it a matter of getting the button sequence correct and it then easy From the all channel list select the channel you wish to move having noted the position number location you wish to move to eg if you want to move the selected channel to replace say the channel numered 0103 Then after you press the Mosaic which puts a marker against the channel you wish to move Enter 0103 on the Keypad the number appears in the top right hand corner and then the Move button immediately you will be ask to Okay it It then moves to the location you have chosen
Regards