ITV HD on TF7700HD-PVR

legolas80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multytenne, TF7700
My Location
Somewhere on Planet Earth
As off yesterday there's a new firmware update availible for the TF7700/7710HD PVR, some working inprovements and finaly the reciever can be approched via network, but nothing on ITV HD as yet.

If you can export and send me you channel list i can have a look and check the settings for you. You can export you channel list with topset and a rs-232 serial cabel.

dunottar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield TF7710 PVR in England, Technomate TM1000 on Siver Coast Portugal with 1.5m dish
My Location
Southern England/Silver Coast Portugal
Hi legolas,
yesterday I downloaded the update and now I have ITV HD working.
Once again many thnaks for your input.
dunottar

richhy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700hdpvr, Nanoxx9500HD, Wavefrontier 90cm 28ºe
to 12ºw
My Location
spain
Hello, I also have the TF7700hdpvr. In general it works well apart from one issue.
On HD channels (BBCHD for example) the screen will sometimes go black for a second or two. This may happen two or three times during a programme. The sound through hdmi remains. Also, from time to time while watching sd channels the picture "judders" a little. Does anyone else have similar problems? I have the latest FW installed the other day.

legolas80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Multytenne, TF7700
My Location
Somewhere on Planet Earth
richhy said:
Hello, I also have the TF7700hdpvr. In general it works well apart from one issue.
On HD channels (BBCHD for example) the screen will sometimes go black for a second or two. This may happen two or three times during a programme. The sound through hdmi remains. Also, from time to time while watching sd channels the picture "judders" a little. Does anyone else have similar problems? I have the latest FW installed the other day.

Hi richhy, all i can say it has something to do with the topfield, becouse I and other users here in holland have the exact same problem, we'll just have to sit this one out and hope Topfield issue a firmware update that resolves this issue in the future.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF7710HDPVR, Panasonic HD projector system
My Location
Weardale, Co Durham
Seems that lots of you can get Topset to communicate to a 7710, I've had no luck. I have a USB to serial port adaptor which say's it's working fine. I have a null modem RS 232 cable. What I don't get is a reply from the 7710 when I switch it ON. Is there any special set up of the COM port required ie 7 or 8 bit, any parity and handshaking? If you just plug in and off you go I assume that my null modem cable is incorrect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Aerosmith

Joof

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TopfieldTF7700HSCI PVR ready
Technomate DiSEqC Motor
Triax TD54 dish
My Location
Soton
Aerosmith said:
Seems that lots of you can get Topset to communicate to a 7710, I've had no luck. I have a USB to serial port adaptor which say's it's working fine. I have a null modem RS 232 cable. What I don't get is a reply from the 7710 when I switch it ON. Is there any special set up of the COM port required ie 7 or 8 bit, any parity and handshaking? If you just plug in and off you go I assume that my null modem cable is incorrect.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Aerosmith

It's been a while since I did this but I seem to recall having a few problems with the COM port assignment in Windows not matching the COM port number that Topset wanted to use..I think I had to force Windows to use a COM port number that was already assigned to something else (whatever it was previously assigned to was no-longer in use on my system so this worked fine).

I don't have access to the set-up at present so can't check this for you but this may point you in the right direction.

ironmouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2
Topfield 7700hsci
My Location
Switzerland
Probably a stupid question, but can I install topset software on my topfield 7710 just by transferring the data with a usb stick ? (along the lines of a firmware upgrade)

Joof

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TopfieldTF7700HSCI PVR ready
Technomate DiSEqC Motor
Triax TD54 dish
My Location
Soton
ironmouse said:
Probably a stupid question, but can I install topset software on my topfield 7710 just by transferring the data with a usb stick ? (along the lines of a firmware upgrade)

Just to be clear, The Topset program runs on your local PC and allows you to edit the Desired Channel list...add ITV HD etc. This stores the program list in a file format with '.std' extension. It is this .std file which you need to upload to the receiver.

I have the 7700HSCI and I found the only way to do this was via RS232 cable to the RS232 socket on the back of the receiver (I use a USB to RS232 adaptor to connect to my laptop). With Topset running, go to the 'File' dropdown menu then select 'write settings to receiver'.

lennyharte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star
My Location
Lancashire
legolas80 said:
Up and running on the TF7700/7710HDPVR, if anybody want's to know...let me know and I"ll post a "how to"

Cheers !! From Holland !!!

Yes please I would like the step by step guide please

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
lennyharte said:
Yes please I would like the step by step guide please

It's already in view!

Post #5

Your own Profile shows you have a Fortec Star, though ............ ??

jwhen01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700 HDPVR
My Location
Netherlands
Beste legolas 80
Is het ook mogelijk om alle instellingen voor ITV HD via het standaard menu van de Topfield 7700 in te geven? Kortom zonder er een PC aan te hangen.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You must either post in English or provide a Google translation

jwhen01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700 HDPVR
My Location
Netherlands
Is it possible to edit the ITV HD channel settings in the Topfield 7700 just via the Menu. Without a PC connected. (I have a Mac, so will/cannot use the Topset application)

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Not so far as I'm aware. I'm in the process of installing Enigma2 on my TF7710HDPVR which allows network access amongst other things. I've just about got it working but still work in progress.

Off topic I know but anyone who can point me at a good tutorial will be welcomed!

Jem

jwhen01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700 HDPVR
My Location
Netherlands
Hi legolas80
Here a question from holland.
I want to connect my 7700 hdpvr to my imac. (running temporarely on windows xp via the Topset program) Will this work. I alredy have a long USB cable an i need to connect that to the RS 232 (male) topfield connector to access the ITV settings.