Jagger in hall of shame

N

net1

Mick Jagger has been named alongside Michael Bolton and Celine Dion as one of the 50 worst artists in music history.

Paul Oakenfold, Bob Geldof and The Doors also made the list compiled by US music magazine Blender.

It ranked Jagger at number 13, mocking the Rolling Stones frontman's solo ventures as worse than something produced by a "tone deaf 6-year-old".

David Bowie's rock band Tin Machine fared even worse, listed at number 12, and described simply as "really, really bad".

Jamiroquai's Jay Kay was on the list, named as the 25th worst music artist of all time, and dubbed "the white, talentless Stevie Wonder".

The magazine rated Bob Geldof's solo efforts at number 39, saying he "should have stuck to saving the planet", while Mike Rutherford's group Mike and the Mechanics was listed at 43.

Kenny G, Vanilla Ice and Michael Bolton all made the top 10, edging out Celine Dion who was ranked at number 26.

The Doors were named at number 37, with the magazine criticising singer Jim Morrison for inflicting his "terminally adolescent views on the wider world".

Rap-rock duo Insane Clown Posse were named the worst music artists ever by Blender. The pair are best known for an ongoing feud with Eminem and for once asking Sharon Osbourne to "buff my pickle" on the Howard Stern radio show.

Blender's editor, Andy Pemberton, said: "If I were any of these groups, I would be angry about making the list - but they should be better. It's their fault they're on it."