Johnny Haynes has died (R.I.P.)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Former Fulham legend and England captain Johnny Haynes has died, aged 71.

Haynes died in hospital on Tuesday after being involved in a car crash.

Haynes was the first £100 a week footballer in England and he made 594 appearances for his only club Fulham.

Haynes also made 56 appearances for England scoring 18 goals and he captained his country during the 1962 World Cup in Chile.

In a statement, Fulham Football club paid tribute to the player.

"It is with great regret that the club informs its fans of this very sad news and hopes that they will all join together in the one minute's silence in honour of The Maestro, this will take place on Saturday prior to kick off at the Fulham v Liverpool game at Craven Cottage," read the statement.

"Known as 'the Maestro', he was idolised by Fulham supporters and remained at the Cottage throughout his career, despite offers from bigger clubs.

"The thoughts and sympathies of everyone associated with the club are with his family at this time."

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I remember Johnny, great footballer and a real folk hero, a sad loss.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Saw him play on many occasions for Fulham and it is indeed a sad loss.
One of the truly great players and gentlemen, who played 18 seasons at Craven Cottage and was our greatest player ever.
Afraid we shall never see his like again, great shame.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Agree with what you say Rob.

A lot of Brylcreem on show in the pics.

jaabjwb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest Receiver And Dish
My Location
Scottish Borders
Very Sad News,Has lived in Edinburgh For Last 20 years and was season ticket holder and big fan at Hearts.A true Gentleman.