Join our Barclays Premier League Fantasy League 2009/2010!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
28554d1267302467-png.att

UniSat Results:
Toondrastic 33-12 IUF Grabs
RED United 30-32 AC Few
Rapscallions 9-40 Mucho Calor Hoy!
Purple Mob 26-39 Satellites RED
Dogs Bollox 32-24 Badm******s
UMBAA Laugh 28-31 Donkeytown

The UEFA Champions League returned from it's winter hibernation with the highlight of Inter's victory over Chelsea as Jose Mourinho faced his former club for the first time.

In UniSat, T_G's Satellites RED are now two wins away from an (almost certain) semi final place, taking victory 39pts to 26 over Purple Mob. Surprisingly, T_G earned the most points (11) from the unlikely scorer of the winning goal in the Olympiacos-Bordeaux match, Girondins' Michael Ciani.

Every game pitted SupaLiga against Den League this matchday. Cheering the loudest from SupaLiga was the only climber, Norm, whose Donkeytown beat DL champions UMBAA Laugh to go up to 6th and tying on league points with 4th place Mucho Calor Huy! who thrashed Rapscallions 40-9.

AC Few took a big 3 points with a narrow win over RED United, and awd is Den League's best bet for taking another semi final berth along with neilzilla. Neil's Dogs claimed glory against Badm******s, winning 32-24 with Wayne Rooney's double away to AC Milan getting 9pts for DL's current 2nd place team.

And finally, malcolm has won his first game of the Champions League campaign, as Toondrastic beat IUFG's Grabs 33-12.

T_G will want to further cement his place in the semis with a win over the domestically in-form Dogs during the 2nd legs, while any mistake by those chasing 4th in their respective games against lower placed opposition could prove costly at this stage.

Keep up to date with the UniSat Champions League on matchdays by going to the league homepage.

Attachments

• UCL R161L Table..png
    UCL R161L Table..png
    156.1 KB · Views: 123

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
28667d1267615998-11-png.att

(Weekly scores available in attached full table, which now includes full transfer breakdown!)

The John Terry scandal seems to have put the football into second place unfortunately, but the Premier League does continue to surprise with Chelsea losing twice in February, Arsenal are back in the title race (again) despite starting the month with a loss to Chelsea and Rooney can't stop putting headers in the ol' onion bag. Also, and more seriously, Portsmouth went into administration and continue to struggle on with a growing threat of being wound-up on HMRC's insistence.

In SupaLiga, there were three very strong candidates for the February Manager of the Month award. Rising star T_G Jnr continues his great run in 2010 with RED United... but it's not him. Champion mhku and Mucho Calor Huy! moved up to 3rd and didn't score less than 59pts.. but it's not him either.

The winner is the manager who is now on the ascent to the top, just 8pt from my struggling Dynamo - stuzeeuk has guided Paraletic Athletic on a stunning four week run in which a top score of 96pt (GW27) was acheived and scored no less than 50 throughout. Having also taken the December gong, Stu is the first manager to win two MotM awards since the 2007/2008 season.

john_graydon will be as sick as a parrot that he couldn't take advantage of my poor form as he'd been in 2nd since the end of December with Calcio Carlo Ancelotti, only dropping to 4th this weekend. malcolm's Toondrastic remain in 5th but the RED trio are closing in with T_G Jnr the major threat, being as he is now only 6pts away. Current Champions League leader, T_G, is not far behind in 7th and scored this month's top score with Satellites RED - 99pts in Gameweek 27.

Also enjoying fantastic Februarys were pazinho, whose Dragoes do Blackburn have jumped ahead of Norm's Donkeytown into 9th and are currently the highest placed team that has yet to incur a transfer penalty. Topper (Tossers, 12th) and linhas (Dragoes, 15th) both moved up the standings while consistently scoring more than half centuries throughout.

By the way, F1 SupaLiga wil be starting on March 13 and the time to join is now - 20 players are already in, and competition will be red hot - http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...168469-join-our-f1-fantasy-league-2010-a.html

Attachments

• PLSL February Ful&#10.png
    PLSL February Ful&#10.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 21
  • PLSL Feb Graph..png
    PLSL Feb Graph..png
    359 KB · Views: 21
  • DL February..png
    DL February..png
    36.2 KB · Views: 26
  • PLSL February Sho&#11.png
    PLSL February Sho&#11.png
    174 KB · Views: 109

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline - Saturday 11:30am BST

Fantasy PL Homepage | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Gameweek 29
Teams playing twice: Bolton, Burnley
Teams inactive: Aston Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea, Fulham, Man City, Tottenham
Saturday (3:00pm unless stated):
Arsenal v Burnley (Setanta Ireland)
West Ham v Bolton
Wolves v Man Utd (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Everton v Hull City (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Wigan v Liverpool (8:00pm, ESPN)
Tuesday:
Portsmouth v Birmingham (7:45pm)
Sunderland v Bolton (7:45pm)
Wednesday:
Burnley v Stoke City (7:45pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 7:30pm GMT

Fantasy UCL Home | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Free transfers this deadline: 1
Players from a single team this deadline: 3

Round of 16, Second Leg
Tuesday:
Arsenal (1) v Porto (2) - Emirates Stadium
Fiorentina (1) v Bayern (2) - Artemio Franchi
Wednesday:
Real Madrid (0) v Lyon (1) - Santiago Bernabeu
Man United (3) v AC Milan (2) - Old Trafford
Tuesday 16th:
Sevilla (1) v CSKA Moscow (1) - Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan
Chelsea (1) v Internazionale (2) - Stamford Bridge
Wednesday 17th:
Barcelona (1) v Stuttgart (1) - Camp Nou
Bordeaux (1) v Olympiacos (0) - Stade Chaban-Delmas

UniSat R162L:
IUF Grabs v Donkeytown
Badm******s v UMBAA Laugh
Satellites RED v Dogs Bollox
Mucho Calor Hoy! v Purple Mob
AC Few v Rapscallions
Toondrastic v RED United

To follow the scores live, click here!

For those not in this season's UniSat Champions League, remember - Top 5 this season in PL SupaLiga is your guaranteed passport to UCL 2010/11!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 30
Teams playing twice: Aston Villa, Wigan
Tottenham v Blackburn (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Birmingham v Everton
Bolton v Wigan
Burnley v Wolves
Chelsea v West Ham (Setanta Ireland)
Stoke City v Aston Villa
Hull City v Arsenal (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Man Utd v Fulham (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Sunderland v Man City (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Liverpool v Portsmouth (8:00pm, ESPN)
Tuesday:
Wigan v Aston Villa (7:45pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 31
Teams playing twice: Aston Villa, Birmingham, Blackburn, Chelsea, Everton, Man City, Portsmouth, Sunderland, West Ham, Wolves
Aston Villa v Wolves (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Everton v Bolton
Portsmouth v Hull City
Stoke City v Tottenham (Setanta Ireland)
Sunderland v Birmingham
Wigan v Burnley
Arsenal v West Ham (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Man Utd v Liverpool (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Fulham v Man City (3:00pm)
Blackburn v Chelsea (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Tuesday:
West Ham v Wolves (8:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Wednesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Aston Villa v Sunderland
Man City v Everton
Portsmouth v Chelsea
Blackburn v Birmingham (8:00pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Make or break week for alot of people I think, most certainly me....

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
28928d1269166951-png.att

UniSat Results:
IUF Grabs 17-54 Donkeytown
Badm******s 60-50 UMBAA Laugh
Satellites RED 55-37 Dogs Bollox
Mucho Calor Hoy! 32-55 Purple Mob
AC Few 52-19 Rapscallions
Toondrastic 46-54 RED United

'The Special One' Jose Mourinho completed the job on Tuesday as Inter advanced over Chelsea into the quarters, leaving Manchester United and Arsenal as England's only remaining representatives. The Gunners face the champions Barcelona in the last 8, as Messi ripped apart a hapless Stuttgart side. Meanwhile, Real Madrid's 'Galacticos' went out at home versus Lyon. Bordeaux, Bayern and CSKA Moscow are also still left in the competition.

In UniSat, qualification for the semis was more or less assured for Satellites RED after victory over neilzilla's Dogs Bollox, but T_G must continue his good form to ensure top seeding in the last 4.

A loss to second place RED United meant malcolm and Toondrastic are out of the race for the top 4, but malc still has a role to play in deciding who does make it - three Den League opponents are yet to face the Toon.

T_G Jnr will be relieved to take all three group points from the only all-SupaLiga tie of the round, Real's Ronaldo again the star for United as captain (14pts), as a chasing group of three teams on 15pts are just behind him.

Den Leaguers awd (52-19 win v Rapscallions) and neilzilla are currently in the prized 3rd and 4th positions, and reigning Champions League champions Donkeytown are having a magnificant spring, going up to 5th with a 54 to 19 win over IUF Grabs. IUFG's hopes are now hanging by a shoestring.

SupaLiga champions Mucho Calor Huy!, managed by mhku, dropped to 6th but remain in the thick of it despite losing to mb63's Purple Mob 55-32. The Mob, incidentally, go up two places to 8th on 9pts in the group - captaining Lionel Messi (20pts) was a very wise choice.

The top scorer was tomthebomb1968, whose Badm******s defeats Den League champions UMBAA Laugh 60-50, and are now level on group points with Mucho Calor Huy! - both are on 12pts. And tom's star player? There's only one Wayne Rooney (10pts)...

T_G's Satellites will be aiming to solidify top spot with victory over UMBAA Laugh over the 1st legs of the quarters, while his son's United team must beat Grabs - knocking them out in the process - to take advantage of any slip ups. The clashes between 4th to 7th - Dogs-Mucho and Donkeys-Bads - could well go a long way to deciding who finishes in the top 4.

Keep up to date with the UniSat Champions League on matchdays by going to the league homepage.

Attachments

• UCLR162L Table..png
    UCLR162L Table..png
    159.9 KB · Views: 108

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 32
Birmingham v Arsenal
Chelsea v Aston Villa (Setanta Ireland)
Hull City v Fulham
Tottenham v Portsmouth
West Ham v Stoke City
Wolves v Everton
Bolton v Man Utd (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Burnley v Blackburn (12:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Liverpool v Sunderland (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Man City v Wigan (8:00pm, ESPN)

March Manager of the Month will be announced sometime after this Gameweek

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 7:30pm GMT

Free transfers this deadline: 6
Players from a single team this deadline: 4

Quarter Finals, First Leg
Tuesday:
Lyon v Bordeaux - Stade de Gerland
Bayern v Man United - Old Trafford
Wednesday:
Arsenal v Barcelona - Emirates Stadium
Internazionale v CSKA Moscow - San Siro

UniSat QF1L:
RED United v IUF Grabs
Rapscallions v Toondrastic
Purple Mob v AC Few
Dogs Bollox v Mucho Calor Hoy!
UMBAA Laugh v Satellites RED
Donkeytown v Badm******s

For those not in this season's UniSat Champions League, remember - Top 5 this season in PL SupaLiga is your guaranteed passport to UCL 2010/11!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

(Weekly scores available in attached full table, which now includes full transfer breakdown!)

The Premier League enters 'squeeky bum time' with a trio of credible candidates for the title, two of which play against each other tomorrow afternoon - Manchester United versus Chelsea. Arsenal, now without talisman Cesc Fabregas, are at home to Wolves.

Coincidentally there were a trio of contenders of the March MotM award, and for the first time I was unable to decide. So, the vote was opened to the other managers in the league, and their verdict was surprising, but fully deserved. kreacher wins the award despite being the lowest ranked of the three candidates, the others being T_G Jnr and rolfw.

The Creatures are currently in 13th and have virtually no chance of qualifying for the Champions League, however that does not take anything away from kreacher's achievement in collecting the 2nd highest point haul in this manic month of 'doublers' whilst avoiding any transfer penalties, ultilising two rolloevers in order to do so. He was also one of the few managers astute enough to captain Frank Lampard last weekend and earned a bumper 56pts from the King's Road king.

I have continued my reign at the top of the league, but only just. GW31 was my big play, with stuzeeuk's Paraletic Athletic just 6pts behind going to that 16-match week. Six transfers saw me score 108pts and firm up my position, but Athletic are still a clear and present danger to Dynamo Sol.

The other challengers fell back in March, with champion mhku unable to build on Mucho Calor Huy's success in February and john_graydon losing precious ground with just six GWs to go with Calcio Carlo Ancelotti - he may yet have to start looking over his shoulder.

The fight for 5th is beginning to really hot up now, with long-term occupant malcolm and his Toondrastic team dropping outside the top 5 during weekends only to end them back there. T_G Jnr is head and shoulders with him, RED United a mere 2pts behind the Toon and making a statement with 95pts in the weekend just past.

Brother S_G had a rollercoaster ride of a month, falling as low as 10th but ends up in 7th, and the 07/08 champions MU Super Reds still have the power to launch a late rush for the top 5 lifeboats, scoring an impressive 85pts in GW30.

Champions League leader T_G and his Satellites RED will no doubt be envious of the youngsters success but European matters appear to be priority for him now, having dropped to 9th and behind pazinho's Dragoes do Blackburn - the highest ranked team to have avoided incurring transfer penalties so far.

The month's highest gross scorer, rolfw, appears to have picked up the Harry Redknapp bug, having made no less than 12 moves this past month and in doing so has brought his penalties total to a whopping 136pts - without them, Satellite Screwballs would currently be in 2nd, a point ahead of Athletic.

And finally, Topper was the other top weekly scorer, taking 57pts in GW29. The Tossers are in 14th.

Attachments

• PLSL March Short Table.png
    PLSL March Short Table.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 81
  • PLSL March Full Table.png
    PLSL March Full Table.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PLSL March Graph.png
    PLSL March Graph.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DL March Table.png
    DL March Table.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 22

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Salty said:
The month's highest gross scorer, rolfw, appears to have picked up the Harry Redknapp bug, having made no less than 12 moves this past month and in doing so has brought his penalties total to a whopping 136pts - without them, Satellite Screwballs would currently be in 2nd, a point ahead of Athletic.

Yes, unfortunately I've been having problems using the league site on Saturday mornings, so often have to make my choices on Friday night, but got caught out very badly on one occasion in particular and had to make even more changes on Saturday morning, swapping out players I'd only just swapped in :-rofl2

Having said that, if i hadn't made the changes, I wouldn't have made that many points. ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hooray - Ive made my first upwards move in months! :-rofl2

Watchout linhas - Im gunning for you next! :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I have been having a battle royal with Rolf for a few weeks, it was nip and tuck for a long time swapping places but I removed Frank Lampard last weekend him having only gained me two points the previous week, a move which dropped me two places from 12th to 14th. sometimes I could kick myself:-buttkick
Now I let others do it

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
Yes, unfortunately I've been having problems using the league site on Saturday mornings, so often have to make my choices on Friday night, but got caught out very badly on one occasion in particular and had to make even more changes on Saturday morning, swapping out players I'd only just swapped in :-rofl2

Having said that, if i hadn't made the changes, I wouldn't have made that many points. ;)

That is a common problem, as you can imagine if half a million people or so are trying to do the same.

Topper - I'm never going to drop Lampard again :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 33
Man Utd v Chelsea (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Arsenal v Wolves (Setanta Ireland)
Bolton v Aston Villa
Portsmouth v Blackburn
Stoke City v Hull City
Sunderland v Tottenham
Burnley v Man City (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday (3:00pm unless stated)
Birmingham v Liverpool
Fulham v Wigan
Everton v West Ham (4:00pm, Sky Sport 1)

Sorry I forgot, first time I've done that all season!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 3:15pm BST

Free transfers this deadline: 1
Players from a single team this deadline: 4

Quarter Finals, Second Leg
Tuesday:
Barcelona (2) v Arsenal (2) - Camp Nou
CSKA Moscow (0) v Internazionale (1) - Luzhniki Stadium (5:30pm)
Wednesday:
Bordeaux (1) v Lyon (3) - Stade Chaban-Delmas
Man United (1) v Bayern (2) - Old Trafford

UniSat QF2L:
IUF Grabs v Badm******s
Satellites RED v Donkeytown
Mucho Calor Hoy! v UMBAA Laugh
AC Few v Dogs Bollox
Toondrastic v Purple Mob
Red United v Rapscallions

Quarter Final, First Leg report to follow this afternoon...

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

UniSat Results:
RED United 35-9 IUF Grabs
Rapscallions 1-19 Toondrastic
Purple Mob 35-34 AC Few
Dogs Bollox 37-47 Mucho Calor Hoy!
UMBAA Laugh 23-33 Satellites RED
Donkeytown 34-27 Badm******s

The quarter finals are delicately poised going into the 2nd legs this midweek. Man U will have to overturn a 2-1 deficit at Old Trafford without Wayne Rooney, and Arsenal travel to Barcelona knowing a 1-0 victory will suffice. Inter go to CSKA Moscow with a 1-0 advantage, while Lyon should be able to secure their place having won their home leg 3-1 versus Bordeaux.

T_G finally rubberstamped his place in the semis by beating Den League champions UMBAA Laugh 33-23, knocking sonic out in the process.

Satellites RED remain in the top 2 alongside RED United, managed by T_G's son, as the youngster also tasted victory against current wooden spoon 'hope-nots' IUF Grabs.

The REDs are joined in the all-important top 4 by fellow SupaLiga representatives Donkeytown and Mucho Calor Huy! Donkeytown, reigning Champions League champions and managed by Norm, took the three group points up against SupaLiga strugglers Badm******s. The key man for the Donkeys was Arsenal's hero Cesc Fabregas, scoring the equalising penalty but now sadly out for the rest of the season, including the World Cup.

SupaLiga champion mhku is now in 4th but level on group points (15) with the Den League duo of awd and neilzilla.

Mucho Calor Huy! took the big points last week, 47 to Dogs Bollox's 37, 9 of which came from Lyon's Lisandro Lopez, who hit a brace against Bordeaux. AC Few also fell out of the top 4 as a result of a narrow 35-34 defeat to mb63's Purple Mob. malcolm won the deadrubber tie against scallywag, Toondrastic winning 19-1 over Rapscallions.

All eyes will undoubtedly be on the AC Few v Dogs Bollox fixture, the loser of which is surely out of the running, unless sonic can help out his Den League colleagues by defeating mhku's Huys. Purple Mob and Badm******s must defeat their already eliminated opponents and hope UMBAA Laugh can do the business.

Attachments

• UCLQF1L Table.png
    UCLQF1L Table.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 70

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 34
Hull City v Burnley
West Ham v Sunderland (Setanta Ireland)
Sunday:
Wolves v Stoke City (12:00pm)
Blackburn v Man Utd (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Liverpool v Fulham (3:00pm)
Man City v Birmingham (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Tuesday:
Chelsea v Bolton (8:00pm)
Wednesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Aston Villa v Everton
Wigan v Portsmouth
Tottenham v Arsenal (8:00pm, Sky Sports 1)