Join our Euro 2008 fantasy league!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
39423_SLEuro08_QF_Table_122_590lo.jpg

(jpg version attached)

4 of the 16 finalists remain in the European Championship, but in SupaLiga @ Euro 2008 just about everyone is in with a shout at this late stage.

Top cat at the present time is S_G's Squadro, but their lead is super slim indeed, as 7pts seperate them from 5th place Tom34 and his Rainbow team. The Halvers, Donkeyland and Creatures occupy the spots in between.

Despite the movement during the quarter finals, there is in fact no positional changes below the top 5 from the end of Group Stage 3 to now. How strange!

Attachments

• 39423_SLEuro08_QF_Table_122_590lo.jpg
    39423_SLEuro08_QF_Table_122_590lo.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 17

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I think we all feel comfortable with our level of ineptitude and have decided to stick with it Salty. :) :-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Indeed, I think once Germany beat Portugal everyone knew there was no point in predicting what would happen next!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the scores are pretty abysmal, it was only that i saw everyone was in the same boat that I cheered up. :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:-doh!

Ive dropped down to 10th!! Mind you - I havent been in this position before so far! I scored a pathetic 4 points - the lowest score of the evening in the league.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline – Sunday 7.45pm GMT

Fantasy Euro 2008 Homepage | Rules of the Game | Wild Card | Live TV

Maximum transfers permitted this deadline = Unlimited for the rest of Euro 2008!

THE FINAL

Sunday 29th:
Germany v Spain
Ernst Happel Stadion, Vienna - 7.45pm
BBC One | ARD | Cuatro

SUPALIGA UPDATE

sleuro08sftablelg6.png

(png version attached)

Germany versus Spain, Deutschland versus España, Die Nationalmannschaft versus La Furia Roja - The final is here!

S_G remains atop of SupaLiga @ Euro 2008, and takes a sizeable but by no means insurmountable advantage over 2nd place kreacher into the last game. And if they both amazingly fail on the final day, the old master Norm and his Donkeys may yet take the title.

The fight to finish in the top half of the table is also very much alive, with everyone down to Where's England? looking to a magic 90 minutes in Vienna.

And Borders FC? Well, the wooden spoon might just be beyond their 'talents' - they are, after all, still selecting players that are actually playing :-rofl2

Attachments

• sleuro08sftablelg6.png
    sleuro08sftablelg6.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 13

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Salty25 said:
And Borders FC? Well, the wooden spoon might just be beyond their 'talents' - they are, after all, still selecting players that are actually playing :-rofl2

Looks like I finished down near the bottom in 10th - which is higher than I was expecting when I joined up!

My thanks to the players in 11th & 12th for not changing their teams and fielding players who were eliminated long ago , which gave me the chance to fulfil my ambition in the tournament - to not finish bottom!

:-rofl2

I also guarantee Im the only competitor who never watched any of the games :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
sleuro08finaltablenk3.png

(png version attached)

Like a bull seeing red, S_G headed straight for victory throughout the tournament, recording 3 out of 6 top scores along the way. T_G's boy is the EuroStar!

However, his old foe was not far behind in the final count. Norm's Euro was more attrition than fireworks, and this approach nearly succeeded. Nearly, but not quite. Donkeyland ended 4pts short of Squadra.

The Donkey's late rally in the final did deny 2nd place to kreacher. This will be a bitter pill to swallow for him, being as he was 2nd before the final and led briefly after the 2nd round of group stage games.

However, kreacher should take confidence from this, as it's a great improvement from the 7th place finish he had in PL SupaLiga this season. Also flying high for SupaLiga @ Euro 2008 is mhku, whose Halves finished in 4th, 4 places higher that mhku achieved domestically.

And the less said about my p***-poor performance, the better :-rofl2

Watch out for the return of Premier League SupaLiga for the season 2008/2009....

Attachments

• sleuro08finaltablenk3.png
    sleuro08finaltablenk3.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 13