Join our F1 Fantasy League 2009

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Apologise, I had intended to add this to the reminder.

Please be aware that Sebastien Bourdais has been replaced in the Toro Rosso team by Jaime Alguersuari. It is advised that you should immediately drop Bourdais if he is selected as either your 1st or 2nd driver, and that you should also select Alguersuari, who can be found in the 3rd driver selection valued at 1m.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
On Thursday night I had a very strange dream but the content of that dream made me change my driver selection yesterday at the loss of 5 points, not something I normally do as I had selected Philippe Massa and then yesterday replaced him (spooky).

What a qualifying session that was:-

Have to say I am pleased to hear that Philippe Massa if OK after he was hit by a piece of suspension rod from Barrichello's Brawn and subsequently had a massive accident after being knocked out by the impact, causing a long delay to quali 3

Electronics failures on the pit walls mean that at the end of the BBC transmissions nobody really knew for certain who had pole but looked likely to be Fernando Alonso, with Vettel second, but the lack of timing makes this just BBC guesswork.

Jenson Button being down in 7th or 8th place suggests he has a lot of fuel on board to me as he was easily doing 1.21's previously, we will know soon no doubt

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

Renault's Fernando Alonso will start Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix from pole position after a dramatic qualifying session at the Hungaroring, which saw Ferrari's Felipe Massa helicoptered to hospital after a heavy crash in Q2. As news emerged that Massa was not seriously injured, Alonso went on to beat Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel to P1 by less than a tenth of a second...

More...

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hot from F1.com

Ferrari's Felipe Massa will not race in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix following his high-speed qualifying crash at the Hungaroring, the team have confirmed. Massa was airlifted to AEK Hospital in Budapest, where he is in a stable condition. ?Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital,? said a Ferrari statement. ?Following a complete medical examination it emerged that he had suffered a cut on his forehead...

More...

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
It appears that Felipe Massa will be ok and back in the car at the next race. Thank goodness, we all know motorsport is dangerous but the events of this week (Surtees and Massa) have reminded us just how dangerous it can be.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not if the BBC News website is correct - it suggests a fractured skull which would put him out for a while.

Pic 1 is a screengrab from the bbc player stream showing the incoming object, and pic 2 shows he also got a belt on the head from the conveyor belt round the tyres.

Get better soon Felipe

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 23

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Autosport is reporting the injuries as including 'damaged skull and brain concussion, as well as a cut on his forehead'. The fact that no one is reporting the damage as 'serious' should be promising. Here is more info on such injury - _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_fracture

UPDATE - AP reporting condition as 'life-threatening but stable' (_http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CAR_F1_MASSA_CRASH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-07-25-15-18-16). WTF does that mean?! Link also shows picture of Massa after the crash wearing the damaged helmet.

UPDATE 2 - UPCLOSE PICTURE ATTACHED (Courtesy of MTV3 Finland)

Attachments

• 755343.jpg
    755343.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 26

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
He looks in a bad way :(

it didnt look too bad on tv but to be hit with anything at speed must really hurt nevermind the crash aswell...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ouch - that helmet pic is not pretty and shows he was extremely lucky.

Seeing how hard he hit the tyre barrier the damage to the chassis was minimal - just the wheels off which you would expect.

Its not that many years since we saw chassis breaking during big impacts - Martin Brundle famously broke the back of a Benetton about 10 years ago in Australia

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
There was a lad that died last weekend in one of the lower open wheel racers formula 3000 or similar I loose track of all the names of the series now, a stray wheel hit him on the head I think he was only 18 or 19...
F1 is so much safer now but its still by no means a safe place is it

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Henry Surtees in Formula 2. He was hit on the head by a wheel that had come off another car.

These accidents are nothing new in top formula racing - in 1977 Tom Pryce was killed when a marshall ran across the track to deal with a car fire and Pryce hit him. The fire extinguisher hit Pryce in the face and killed him instantly. The video of the incident is awful.And dont forget it was penetration of the helmet that killed Senna in 1994.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Renault have been suspended from the next race due to the Alonso wheel off incident!

Race stewards ruled that Renault released Alonso from a pit stop knowing the wheel was not properly secured and then failed to tell the driver.

Renault have told the FIA, motorsport's governing body, that they will appeal.

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8169649.stm

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Only 12 scores above 100 in the league this week after Red Bull's failure :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
[fieldset=Race report provided via The Feedster - Hamilton and McLaren take shock win in Hungary!] Hot from F1.com

attachment.php

Lewis Hamilton brought McLaren their first victory of the season after a surprise result in Hungary on Sunday afternoon, his dominant success also marking Martin Whitmarsh's first as team principal and the first for a KERS-equipped car. Kimi Raikkonen was second for Ferrari, containing a challenge from Mark Webber's Red Bull.Hamilton's hopes of snatching P1 at the start were thwarted as lightweight Fernando Alonso blasted off the line from pole and quickly opened a lead in his Renault...

More... [/fieldset]
Race Result | Driver Standings | Team Standings

F1 SupaLiga 2009

attachment.php

Full table and graph attached

This weekend will forever be remembered for the accident involving Felipe Massa in qualifying, in which the Ferrari driver’s helmet collided with a loose suspension spring, sustaining injury to the skull. It is uncertain whether the Brazilian will reappear for the Prancing Horse in 2009. The race did go ahead and Lewis Hamilton was unstoppable, coming from 4th on the grid to rally to his first race win since China last year. The Brit’s victory, and the retirement of Sebastian Vettel, came as a relief to championship leader Jenson Button, who continues to struggle with tyre wear in his Brawn GP car. Also, Renault have been banned for the next race in Valencia after Fernando Alonso’s front-right tyre wasn’t properly screw-on during a stop, leading to the tyre wildly unscrewing free and bouncing across the circuit.

Auto-Dynamo, managed by myself, continue to lead the league and have increased their advantage over 2nd place Dazdazdazzy’s BTTR team to 35pts.

Scoring was curtailed across the league by the retirement of Sebastian Vettel, but two scores over 140pts were achieved today. Top of the pile in Hungary were the Outcasts, guided by pazinho, with no less than 145pt. pazinho is now up 11th, his highest placing since the season opening race in Australia, where he finished up in 7th.

Norm’s F1 Aberdeen have jumped up 3 places to 4th, scoring 143pts today, making the Scot the biggest threat to Topper and his Tossers and one of the much sought after PFF1 Cup places. Also in the chasing pack are Pro-Drive (misterminibus) and Honda-Williams (kleefarr), 14 and 27pts behind respectively, and there is more than enough races left for anyone has low down are kreacher and his Creatures to come into the fray.

NEXT RACE > EUROPEAN GP @ VALENCIA > AUGUST 23

Attachments

• F1SL Hungary Short Table.png
    F1SL Hungary Short Table.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 78
  • F1SL Hungary Full Table.png
    F1SL Hungary Full Table.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 13
  • F1SL Hungary Graph.png
    F1SL Hungary Graph.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
  • _46114605_lewis_nicole466.jpg
    _46114605_lewis_nicole466.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 74

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Henry Surtees in Formula 2. He was hit on the head by a wheel that had come off another car.

These accidents are nothing new in top formula racing - in 1977 Tom Pryce was killed when a marshall ran across the track to deal with a car fire and Pryce hit him. The fire extinguisher hit Pryce in the face and killed him instantly. The video of the incident is awful.And dont forget it was penetration of the helmet that killed Senna in 1994.

Heard of that, I have absolutely no desire to watch the video, but it doesn't take much imagination.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
It's about time I was winning again not whining about not winning :lol:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
According to the BBC, BMW are to quit F1 at the end of the season

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8173865.stm

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
wow,

They have only been in it for a few years, That seems strange they could of won the title last year if they spent more money on the car but instead ploughed it all into this years car which is a real lemon...

I really rate Kubica he's got great talent & will be snapped up by another team...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It's all change again at the races, what's the odds that the Sauber team becomes the Lola team who were previously excluded from next year as no spaces available.

wannabee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo with 1TB HDD, Vu+ Solo with 500GB HDD, Dm7025 with 80GB HDD & 1m Triax
Advent 9415 lappy
My Location
Co. Tyrone
Also whispers that Schumacher is going to replace Massa for the rest of the season..