JSC card

davidmcl1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.1M, TM2600, TM5400 CI SUPER, SMART TITANIUM LNB, SKY+UK JSC & CYFRA+ &TNK SUBS
My Location
GLASGOW
Hi folks
My wife's folks have a place in spain that we go to 4or5 times a year and they have a 1m dish up on the roof terrace that isn't being used at the moment, so im going to move it to hotbird and take a tm5400 and viaccess jsc sub card and cam for use when anybodys over. The thing is will there be any trouble with the card because its sometimes 2 or 3 months between any of the family using the villa during which time all the power is turned off , so the stb will be off whenever there's nobody there. will the card work ok when turned back on after maybe being off for 3 months or so?
any replies much appreciated!:)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
It should work fine although it might take a few minutes to update after the power being off so long. Also most people here use Nilesat, or Badr as the source for JSC sports channels as this allows viewing quiet a few free-to-air English language channels, such as Fox Movies Arabia, Fox Series, 5 MBC film channels, and a bunch of other stuff including some FTA sports channels. The 1m dish is plenty for those. What area is it?

davidmcl1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.1M, TM2600, TM5400 CI SUPER, SMART TITANIUM LNB, SKY+UK JSC & CYFRA+ &TNK SUBS
My Location
GLASGOW
just outside torrevieja, urb la florida, wasn't even thinking about nilesat as it's a sat i've never had to bother about here in scotland with my tiddly dish. looking at lyngsat 7w is defo the way to go! cheers for the help huevos!!:-worship ps could you recommend a lnb for use in spain, ive ordered a invacom from ebay to take over but any ideas from you guy's over there would come in handy!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
davidmcl1980 said:
just outside torrevieja, urb la florida, wasn't even thinking about nilesat as it's a sat i've never had to bother about here in scotland with my tiddly dish. looking at lyngsat 7w is defo the way to go! cheers for the help huevos!!:-worship ps could you recommend a lnb for use in spain, ive ordered a invacom from ebay to take over but any ideas from you guy's over there would come in handy!
For an offset dish I'd use a Black Ultra. It's quiet a bit cheaper than the Invacom and very sensitive.