Just had a phone call from Sky - I'm Free!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
French tv situation confuses me as they have quite a few providers and with some you could have bought a CAM for (Fransat?). But disappointing to hear the situation is far rosy...

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
French tv situation confuses me as they have quite a few providers and with some you could have bought a CAM for (Fransat?). But disappointing to hear the situation is far rosy...
The CAM still exists for Fransat, but it's for specific TVs (not standalone receivers). If for Canalsat it were just a matter of shoving a CAM in the Solo2 I'd be a happy man :)

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
From reading the Canalsat forums it seems that the newly 100% HD channels aren't much cop in terms of picture quality. Apparently the bitrate is appallingly low and they're trying to squeeze up to 10 HD channels out of one transponder. Posters say the quality is fine for static images but anything that moves (ie pretty much everything) isn't too pretty.

Example: look at TP 80 12012 V on 19.2E. 10 HD channels....

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
It never rains but it sure does pour down! I have just had a phone call from Sky to see if they could "do something for me" as a loyal customer. I said "Look, I'm not interested in pay TV services any more". LOL! Poor guy must have felt so dejected! Have to give him brownie points for trying I suppose, but he knew he was on a losing streak. They even offered it me FREE for a few months. My answer was no! That will be the last point of contact from Sky. So there you have it.....it's GAME OVER! :D

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
It never rains but it sure does pour down! I have just had a phone call from Sky to see if they could "do something for me" as a loyal customer. I said "Look, I'm not interested in pay TV services any more". LOL! Poor guy must have felt so dejected! Have to give him brownie points for trying I suppose, but he knew he was on a losing streak. They even offered it me FREE for a few months. My answer was no! That will be the last point of contact from Sky. So there you have it.....it's GAME OVER! :D

Don't bank on that, I'm afraid. Sky will pulverise you with offers over the next 12 months at least, if not by phone then by post.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Look, if they spam me with mail over the next 12 months then Mr Shredder is ready and waiting! :D :D

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can quickly stop any Sky offers if it's addressed to you, I did it by contacting their sales team, via the interent, 6 months ago, and I haven't had anything since.
The same goes for telephone, and email, contacts, and I've recently joined Sky broadband.
They seem to be quite reasonable, once I explained that I don't view any British television, terrestrial, or satellite, and have absolutely no interest in Sky television products.

A

Archive-8

You could always send them a "notice off harassment" telling them to cease harassment off you, and that should do it.

But you will have to post that via a tracked postal service.