Just waiting for the rain to stop...

gypsydog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400ci+super, 1m offset Dish,TM2200 Diseqc motor, Invacom 0.3 universal lnb, Diablo 2.3 Light & Cas 3+
My Location
Galashiels
How not to install a dish....All the parts (or so I thought)of my shiny new sat kit arrived they sit in their boxes while I try and find an installer.
3 weeks later and 3 potential installers later...they are still sitting in the boxes...
How hard can it be? I have all the help I need through satellites.co.uk...
So off I go and start assembling the dish. No major problems so far. Motor attached...
This is a breeze ...nothing has been set yet but all the bits make sense and fit together fine...
Right the hard bit starts what angles do I need...back to satellites.co.uk ...ah, no need to ask any questions its all covered in the sticky threads...
All settings are set (hopefully) they will just need fine tuning when mounted...
Next job mount the bracket on the wall. Hold on I read somewhere this L shaped bracket supplied is not a very good option for mounting the assembled dish...
Right I need to order T & K brackets and get hold of a pole...
so I have this assembled dish sitting in my lounge and the wife moaning about how it does not enhance the look of our xmas decorations..(understatement of my wifes reaction)
3 days later My brackets arrive and I get hold of a 4 foot long pole...
now the bit I am dreading ...Ladder time...I hate heights.. so I go outside and its freezing cold but nothing can stop me now...
So there I was, up this ladder with a 24" bracket felt pen and spirit level...both knees knocking together. And I’m thinking how the hell am I going to get the dish up here (still don’t know).
I start Drilling my first hole and the heavens open up. Cold I can handle but drilling in the rain ...even I am not that daft. Play stopped

I thought getting the brackets up and level would be the easy bit....we wait and see
Total time taken from opening the first box till now 7 days and counting ...(most of it waiting for the post to bring parts)
I hope it’s worth it in the end…

I feel better getting that off my chest.... :-ohcrap

G

But it will be worth it in the end!

Keep sharing your experiences ........................ :-handclap

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Keep going, It will be worth it!

In the meantime, while its still raining. You could do what someone I know has done. He anchored a step ladder to the bedroom floor with some weights, attached his motor to a step ladder, mounted the dish and pointed it out the window :-rofl2 He was managing to pull in a few sats from 28.2E to 13E.

I'm sure the wife would love the enhancement to the look of your decorations :p

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
gypsydog said:
I start Drilling my first hole and the heavens open up. Cold I can handle but drilling in the rain ...even I am not that daft.

I get this image of that numpty in the compensation ad that was 'given the wrong ladder'.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i know how it feels a few times i've been outside in the dark at silly hours changing things

other day i was outside at half 7 in the dark trying out an new lnb

gypsydog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400ci+super, 1m offset Dish,TM2200 Diseqc motor, Invacom 0.3 universal lnb, Diablo 2.3 Light & Cas 3+
My Location
Galashiels
YES ............. I can hardly believe it I got the arc ..30w Hispasat through to 39e Hellasat . only one I could not get a signal from is 7w Nilesat.(I was using the pretuned sats in tm5400 . 17 satellites , I have been dreading tackling the job ...but boy was it worth it...Took the whole day and was pitch dark when I was finished. I still have the cable to run,but thats a 5 minute job its coming in through the window for now.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Congratulations. Nilesat is too weak to pick up in Scotland without a rather large dish anyway, so you deserve a couple of drams tonight.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well done gypsydog. As ch says you can forget Nilesat 7W this far north without a silly sized dish.