KA-Band

Snuffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystarcard,Fortec's life time ultra's, MaxPlus 2100's,Dreambox and a Tandberg
My Location
Amsterdam
I will search the KA band for TV signals and feeds are there any one familiar whit is.

and who nows where i can buy a LNB for it freq etc is diverancefor data and TV i see in bandplans of sat operators

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Regarding were to buy...! Some will suggest you. You can hook up to Cakrawarta 1 (incl. 2.6°) , AsiaStar , AfriStar 1 .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ka band tends to be used for data services (eg broadband internet delivery)

Whilst it not impossible for tv services to be transmitted up in Ka band, I would be very surprised if you found anything.

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
Snuffer said:
I will search the KA band for TV signals and feeds are there any one familiar whit is.

and who nows where i can buy a LNB for it freq etc is diverancefor data and TV i see in bandplans of sat operators

The DirecTV HDTV uses Ka-band on their Spaceway satellites. You can pick up the LNBFs on ebay but I do not know how well they would work in Europe.

member91040 said:
Regarding were to buy...! Some will suggest you. You can hook up to Cakrawarta 1 (incl. 2.6°) , AsiaStar , AfriStar 1 .

Cakrawarta is S-band and the others are L-band.