KA Low Band reception results

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Trying for the KA Band TP's in the UK on Astra 1L 19E.

LNB - Norsat 9000A
Dish Triax 88
TBS6925 DVB PC card
Crazyscan spectrum analyser

One result so far, Ocko Tv 18359H SR6859 FEC 3/4. Ignore frequency showing in scan, need to get it scanning with KA Band option eventually.

Other TP's to try soon.
 

Attachments

  • Ocko TV KA Band 19E.webp
    Ocko TV KA Band 19E.webp
    191.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Ocko TV.webp
    Ocko TV.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 59
VS, have you received your Norsat yet? Need to check if you can receive the other TP's on 19E.
 
Not yet Llew ..even though mine was ordered before yours..
I can only assume it's because you are much closer to lincoln...
At least I hope thats the reason ..
lol

btw ..who am I watching out for ..regular post or courier ?
 
UPS Standard VS. Arrived 11 0'clock

I seem to be having a problem using the KA band option in Crazyscan.I've put the LO as 17250 in the LNB setup, which I assume is correct for this LNB, but it won't take the TP range necessary for the TP's to scan, reverts to the KA Hi band range (?)

Got to go out until this evening, I'll try again then.
 
Just the one for me so far mate ..
on 19E
Ocko looking awfully lonely on the F15s analyser.
Blindscanning H atm ..but don't expect anything else...if the analyser graph is to be believed.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0100.webp
    DSCF0100.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0102.webp
    DSCF0102.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0103.webp
    DSCF0103.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0104.webp
    DSCF0104.webp
    103.7 KB · Views: 66
Penthouse 3D ..lockable on vertical at a low 1.5db ..but of course ..encrypted..
Damn...
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0107.webp
    DSCF0107.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 50
Yep, very low dB's for me on Ocko and Penthouse at present. Overcast and showers aren't helping.

Need to use the Gibertini, but a foot infection denies me the chance of shinning up the ladder :(
 
Yep, very low dB's for me on Ocko and Penthouse at present. Overcast and showers aren't helping.

Need to use the Gibertini, but a foot infection denies me the chance of shinning up the ladder :(
Signal on Ocko now dropping periodically below lock threshold 4db on the F15 ...
Only sporadic lock ...but the Gibby is wet through as is the lnb and feed..
Thick rain laden cloud overhead atm ..
Not a nice night at all ..
 
Penthouse 3D ..lockable on vertical at a low 1.5db ..but of course ..encrypted..
Damn...

With one member already sporting an infection in the nether regions, that is probably a good thing
 
Morning Llew ..
If you can call it a good morning ..
Still raining here ...no sign of it abating.
So maybe clear where you are ..and worth trying for the Teleippica feed ?
It is there ..but too low for me to get a lock..
In fact ..I can't even lock Ocko atm.
Hooked the 9000AF to the TBS card ..and did a scan in H ..
Both peaks are in evidence at the expected frequencies..just too low on dbs to be useful.
Good luck..
VS
 

Attachments

  • 19degH ka low peaks.webp
    19degH ka low peaks.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 40
UPS Standard VS. Arrived 11 0'clock

I seem to be having a problem using the KA band option in Crazyscan.I've put the LO as 17250 in the LNB setup, which I assume is correct for this LNB, but it won't take the TP range necessary for the TP's to scan, reverts to the KA Hi band range (?)

Got to go out until this evening, I'll try again then.
Odd that Llew...
I had no probs using 'custom' settings..(single lnb)

Just changed the L/O ...and created a new profile ...and saved ..
Always comes back with the right scale
 
Yes VS, I have the feed, but as with you, can't lock it or Ocko. That's using the Triax TD88. TBH, I don't think putting the LNB on the Gibertini would give me any extra signal, recent comparisons between the Triax and the Gibby using the upper band LNB strangely didn't show much difference dB wise.

Yesterday at this time with cloudy conditions, I had no problem with Ocko, but today with a cloudless sky I can't lock it!

Indeed, changing the LO and new profile did the trick. Too rushed yesterday to set it up correctly. Cheers.
 

Attachments

  • 19e KA Band.webp
    19e KA Band.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 40
If you want an extra 0.5db Llew ..
Just enough to lock Ocko here atm..
Remove the plastic cap from your feed ..but obviously watch out for showers..
Easy Peasy method I found to remove it without damage ..
Get a small pot bowl ..
boil the kettle ..
pour in the boiling water to about 3/4 inch ..
Immerse the feed end ..just enough so it covers the cap ..for about 20 seconds ..
Pop it off with your fingers..

It goes back easily and no damage.

..and I suspect you're right about the dish size making no difference..
What we need is a better matched feed for the gibbys/dishes in general
rgds
VS
 
Last edited:
Yes, did think of removing the cap, I see you did it with an LNB in another thread. I'll try your recipe. :-saw
 
Only a small window this afternoon for me to lock Ocko even with clear skies, and that with the DrHD F15.
 

Attachments

  • Ocko.webp
    Ocko.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 61
Its great to see progress on KA band reception, not so great to be reminded how unsuitable it is for broadcast purposes.

I suggest making a little bonnet for the LNB out of plastic sheet or acetate sheet to keep the rain from settling on the face of the LNB cap. That should make a difference when it rains.
 
Just thought I'd mention..
the rain finally gave up today ..
Still cloudy ..seen no sign of Sol today..but the signal from Ocko is coming in at a solid constant 5.9db on the F15 ..
Feed cap removed of course (as it's a dry day)..
Would have been a good day to try for Teleippica..but being a feed ..not always online ..as is currently the case.
rgds
VS
 
..following on from my previous post..
Ocko has completely vanished as off Saturday morning..
Clear skies and dry ..so can't blame the weather ??
How about at your QTH Llew ?
 
Sorry mate, just arrived home out of hospital after a nasty road accident on Sunday, after going to see my bro in Peterboro hospital. Chest and neck injuries, but no fractures, just effing painful. Can't do much except sit or lie down - even typing is a bind.
Fire crew had to take the roof off my Polo t get me out! It's currently in a recovery yard in Huntingdon, with all my personal effects ( smartphone, driving licence etc).
 
Back
Top