Kathikas (paphos) Reception Problems

kiefer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
cyprus
Hi have a place in Kathikas (paphos) in Cyprus and Sky was working fine but now have no signal at all.
It started a few weeks ago with only working after 9pm and now not at all.
Checked what i think are the correct settings, tried realigning my dish and nothing.
Dont know if its the box or just the alignment but dont want to get ripped off locally. I have a 0.2db new lnb i got from the uk i can get fitted (called some places in paphos and they wanted CYP£70 for and lnb).

What should i do and whos the best company covering villages outside paphos (we are at the top of the hills so reception should be good)

Have a PACE box and a 2.4 Meter dish

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
kiefer said:
Hi have a place in Kathikas (paphos) in Cyprus and Sky was working fine but now have no signal at all.
It started a few weeks ago with only working after 9pm and now not at all.
Checked what i think are the correct settings, tried realigning my dish and nothing.
Dont know if its the box or just the alignment but dont want to get ripped off locally. I have a 0.2db new lnb i got from the uk i can get fitted (called some places in paphos and they wanted CYP£70 for and lnb).

What should i do and whos the best company covering villages outside paphos (we are at the top of the hills so reception should be good)

Have a PACE box and a 2.4 Meter dish

kiefer
First of all,do the following...
Services > 4 > 0 > 1 > select
You should be on "installer setup menu"
Go into "default transponder" which is #2 in the list
Change frequency from 11778V to 12207V and scroll to bottom of screen & save new settings.
You should be back on "installer setup menu" again..
Go into "manual tuning" which should be showing 12207V frequency and press "find channels"
If the lock indicator says "yes" press "select"
and store one of the Sky News channels by pressing yellow button..
Now you can press the blue button at top of remote which has "SKY" on it..
If you see on screen "searching for listings" and UK time on the banner,your box will boot up in the next few minutes...
All this means your dish is not receiving the default transponder (11778V) which is required to download EPG and boot the box..

This could be due to different reasons such as misaligned dish or not so good LNB+feed combination..

As for LNB's.....for a start the 0.2dB LNB or LNBF you bought form UK will NOT be as good as the LNB a local installer will use (which is probably a C120 0.3dB invacom + suitable feed horn to match your prime focus dish..
£70 is not expensive,in fact a bit cheap if he will be using above..

bkloco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 M prime focus C120 quad LNB feeding Sky plus box.
98 cm off set focus motorised dish quad LNB feeding Technomate TM-6800 HD Super.
1M Fixed dish single LNB feeding TM-5400 CI+ USB
My Location
Paphos region of Cyprus
I too have a place in Kathikas and a 2.4 M dish is no way big enough.
Even 2.8 will give you occasional breakup.
You need 3.0 M to be sure.

jin6x

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I live in Peyia with a 2.4mtr dish, and LNB etc as per Iceman's suggestion and receive 24/7 (weather excepting) most channels including ITV and BBC. Check the LNB, spiders have a habit of climbing inside and upset the signal.Use a feather to force him out, rather than fly spray.But you may need to get the dish realigned.