keymaster v1 help

from my d2mac days is it possible to use the keymaster to write to a fun card. thanks vinc21

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If I'm right and its the earlier version of the Millenium, then it doesn't do anything much bigger than a gold card Vinc21, You may need to consider lashing out on an Elvis or similar.

hjg

My Location
pj::
Or upgrade to a Millenium 5 - ~£24 for 1 chip, 1 Xtal and a resistor. Then it will prog funs, silver and Mega cards (not tried this one yet).
Got mine form W*z*rd - am I allowed to say that??

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you mean *i*a** then yes. ;)

I would probably advise going for something like the Elvis though, there appears to be a lot more support and innovation happening around it.

hjg

My Location
pj::
You're probably correct about Elvis, it's just that I had a Keymaster VI and for £20+ it seemed a cheaper alternative. It progs GWs in ~ 20-30 secs and Funs pretty quick too.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Used to have a Millenium myself and did the upgrade to silver capability some while ago, it still worked well, but I sold it and replaced it with an Elvis. I think the thing i like best about the Elvis is the Multiprog software by TJ, it makes everything a doddle, but certainly have no issues with the millenium, its a good unit.

PS. No problem with mentioning other forums or telling about retailers, just blatant advertising is frowned upon.