keys in dreambox

pistolpetos

Reaction score
just out of curious geekiness

can you put keys into the dreambox manually via the remote control, and if you can how do you do it?

i have a dreambox 7000s

thanks in advance

P

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Not as far as I know.

You can do it with ftp or with an internet connection and the correct image automatically - check the 'idiot's guide' at the op of the Dreambox section.

pistolpetos

Reaction score
thats what i thought but i was curious whether you could like on a MR

cheers matey

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
You can edit the file with ultra edit, & ftp back in. But its so easy just to ftp in the new files.

tv84

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Misc
My Location
Europe
Yes, you can.

Use TuxCom 1.13 (Tuxbox Commander). It lets you edit any file in the box.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
tv84 said:
Yes, you can.

Use TuxCom 1.13 (Tuxbox Commander). It lets you edit any file in the box.
:) Always use this plugin...obviously no need for an internet connection at all.

Allows you to alter keys/files/ file attributes etc.

As well as being a manual key updater, I find that it also gives you a better understanding of the Dreambox image and its working.

Obviously when you first use Tuxbox Commander you may be a little pensive, so to protect yourself, make a back up copy of the image with FLASH wizard and if anything goes amiss with your updating/playing with files etc you can at least reload the back up image to the DB.

Suggest as always that you use a memory stick for your working image and leave the flash image untouched, that way basically you should encounter no problems.

Think you will enjoy it.:-beer

Anyway you probably may have this plugin already in your running image.

Gemini/DaVinci etc with the yellow button.

Best of luck.

lovelyperson

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Well there you go !!!!!!!!!!I Never load any plug in`s Because you just cant find any info for them.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
john_graydon said:
Well there you go !!!!!!!!!!I Never load any plug in`s Because you just cant find any info for them.

:) Agree...some of them great assets...once you have found out how they work.:confused

Surprised really that there is not a basic 'how to' with these things.

Like most of us DB users, guess I found out the hard way by trail and error...hence I always back an image up and always use the stick.

Heard of lots of users without or with broken internet connections, so the Tuxbox Commander really is a useful tool.

Whatever, the 'user friendly' DB is still the nicest bast*** I know!!:D

All the best
lovelyperson

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Ive called the dreambox more explicit names than that a while back.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
lovelyperson said:
Surprised really that there is not a basic 'how to' with these things.

Could you write one for us?

I will add it to the Dreambox section so other users can enjoy...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
The order is recruiting new members!! Go for it, there hasn't been a nice addition to the guide for a long time :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
T_G said:
there hasn't been a nice addition to the guide for a long time :)

Just what is the next stage after perfection then??? :-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Enlightenment?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Administrator :-rofl2

L.:)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

DCG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 7000 and 7020
cas 3
blue ice cam
sv card
redlight card
seca cam
reality cam
opos 1.03 and 1.05
lynksys router
gold cards
fun cards
1.1 mtr trix dish
0.3 sharp lnb
hh100 moter
xplus tv and inxtc card
s_x view +
ceribro card
My Location
just above the earth
lol :D nice one jimbo

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
My office at 17.00.:mad:

Already got the newspaper tucked in my shorts ({})

L.:D

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Already got the newspaper tucked in my shorts

front or back lol :D

must admit i dont use the plugins either... probably the same reason, dunno what they do.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
gameboy said:
Could you write one for us?...

:) Okay, not much time at the mo but this should cover the basic task of updating keys manually with the DB remote using TuxBox Commander.

Rushed a bit but Pull it apart and please lets have suggestions/amendments for an easier user guide.

For this example using Gemini 2.6.

At this stage suggest that you make a back up of the complete image so that you can edit/play as much as you want without any drastic losses!!

Also recommend the use of a USB stick as opposed to the HDD (always spinning), this then leaves the flash image basically untouched and out of danger....your choice. My flash has no softcams and no keys ie: lean and unused. Have found that most peoples DB problems arise from the flash.

Select 'Plugins' using the yellow button, scroll and select 'Tuxbox Commander'.

Those who have an understanding of the FTP progs will recognise the basic on screen file structure.

Using the daily Multivision ('tpscrypt') key change as an example to edit and update.

Firstly with 'newcamd'

We need to locate, as in FTP, the 'tpscrypt' file the path is... 'var/scce/tpscrypt'

The opening Tuxbox screen may differ depending on its last use, but, in this example to edit the 'tps' file, look for it on the left side and with the 'up' and 'down' buttons of the remote, highlight the file named 'var' and press 'ok'.(The opening screen may be different and you can already see the 'scce' file or even further advanced and can see the 'tpscrypt' file.)

If after 'var', from the new files displayed highlight the file 'scce' and press 'ok'.

Next screen, highlight the file 'tpscrypt' but DO NOT press 'ok' on the remote.

Referring to the options at the foot of the screen ('1-rights', '2-rename', '3-view' etc which are not highlightable),and after ensuring the 'tpscrypt' file is highlighted, press '4' on the remote control, this takes you into the '4-edit' mode.

Scroll down to the desired line you wish to edit, in this case the line beginning '007c00:01:etc'....highlight it and press 'ok'.

The line is NOW active and anything you touch on the remote will result in a change to the file, does not matter too much if you make an error as you have an option (see later) to deny the changes you have made. ****Good job as I have made many!!!

Using the 'right' button on the remote move along the line to where the amended keys are to start, in this instance after ' 007c00:01:', so that the red position indicator sits over the first key (letter/number) to be edited. This 'tps' key needs the 32 (16x2) keys replaced.

If you refer to the foot of the screen you will see what letters/numbers/symbols etc are represented by the number pressed on the remote control, ie: for an 'a'...press '2' on the remote control once.
for a 'b'...press '2' on the remote control twice.
for a 'c'...press '2' on the remote control three times.
for a '2'...press '2' on the remote control four times.

After you have entered a key value, the next entry YOU make will automatically be inserted to the right of the previous entry, ie: correct place and no need for you to move to the right using the remote. There is an exception, and it must be mentioned that, say for example, the keys 'bc' need to be entered, that after you have entered the 'b' and before you enter the 'c' you WILL have to move, using the remote 'right' button, one to the right, then enter the 'c'....this is because (look at the foot of the screen) that the 'b' and 'c' values are both obtained using the number '2' on the remote and if not moved manually to the right the 'b' input is overwritten with 'c'.

**clear as mud, never mind that is why I suggest an image back up prior to editing or until the prog is fully understood.

To sum up, to enter 'bc' :

a)press '2' on the remote twice = 'b'
b)press the 'right' button on the remote once (moves the red indicator one space to the right)
c)press '2' on the remote three times = 'c'

Follow this style thoughout the line remembering to put a space after every second input (obtained by using the 'right' on the remote). I find it easy to follow the old existing keys and position the 'red' indicator accordingly (ie: overwriting) .

When you have entered the 32 (16x2) keys press the 'ok' button and then visually check that you have made the correct editing required. If not, and you spot an error, simply ensure the offending line is highlighted and press the 'ok' button to re-enter the edit mode.

After all is checked press the red 'Exit' button and then select the 'yes' option on the nextscreen display. If you select 'No', NONE of your input will be saved, ie: you have done no damage/alterations and are free to start again!
View attachment 4773

Then again press 'Exit' and select 'yes'. This takes you back to the 'Plugins' selection screen.

Job done, restart your cam, in this instance 'newcamd' and you will, if all is ok, see your required Multivision channel.

If the channel/s do not appear to work there are rare times that you will/may have to set/change the rights/chmod to the amended file, as you do with FTP ie: 755 etc.

With TuxBox Commander open, highlight the file JUST edited, ie: 'tpscrypt', and, as shown at the bottom of the screen, press number '1' on the remote to enter the 'rights' mode. Here you can see the permissions, indicated by either a green or a red square, to change the value highlight the line in question and change the colour from red to green by pressing 'ok' on the remote, at times it is necessary to go to the top one, alter that to red then back to green, then move to the others to change those to green. ALL progs have their quirks and this is no exception!!:D
After this select 'ok' ON THE SCREEN then press 'ok' on the remote to accept.
View attachment 4670

Next...to edit 'camd3.keys' (found in path 'var/keys/camd3.keys')
View attachment 4669

As above open TuxBox Commander, you will see that the opening screen is the one that you last used. To get to the required 'camd3.keys' file, highlight the two dots '..' at the left of the screen and press 'ok' on the remote. Scroll up to 'keys', highlight and press 'ok', then scroll down to 'camd3.keys', highlight and DO NOT press 'ok' but instead press number '4' on remote to enter the edit mode (same as when editing 'tpscrypt' file above).

The 'camd3.keys' file is obviously very large with so many op keys, scroll down to find, in this case, under the heading 'Viaccess', then key line '0500:007c00:0000000000:80 etc etc' (take care that it is the correct line, in this instance, for the daily 'TPS' change). Highlight the line and press ok on the remote to enter the live edit mode.With this softcam you only need to edit the 32 key line WITHOUT spaces, unlike the 'tpscrypt' file in newcamd. When complete press 'ok' then 'Exit', then select 'yes' to save. Now, if you wish, you can check the rights by pressing mumber '1' on the remote. If all are green then select 'ok' and press 'ok' on remote, press 'Exit' on remote, select 'yes' and press 'ok' on remote.

May need to restart your softcam as normal,selecting your preferred , through the blue button.

The above is based on using Gemini 2.6 but basically same on DaVinci etc, depending on your placement of keys.

Have indicated the two commonly used softcams but MGCamd,Evocamd, Scam, Camx, F Biss, XDream can all be handled.

If you simply want to look at the files and their contents but NOT edit, highlight the file and (referring to the menu on bottom of screen) press '3' on the remote to 'view' only....no danger at all of any editing in error!

There are lots of other things which you will pick up with trial and error and you will certainly get to know the correct paths for the softcam files.

No doubt forgot something in my rush (off to Madrid), but hope the above will get you started.

As I mention above, suggest you use a stick for the image and have a good play....

Stick with it, a good powerful plugin once you have got to grips with it, been a bit of a pain of late with the daily updates especially for those without a permanent connection to the PC...hopefully TuxBox Commander will help.

Must dash.

Cheers ;) lovelyperson

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
Administrator

The question was " Just what is the next stage after perfection" not
"what is the next step after perversion"
:-lmao