Killed my Magic Cam -help please

neil8888

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi there

I have an Extreme PVR with embedded Magic Cam which I think I've killed after sticking in Penta 1.11 ( yep..silly but some posts seem to say OK now)

Now its says no Cam installed, but worse than that it will not find any chanels at all. I've pressed all Factory reset buttons I can find.
Its finding the Sats fine as the signal strength/quality are as good as they always were but it finds no channels at all.

Questions :-

1/ Is my box just dead now ie no channels not even FTA
2/ is there a way to fix this at least to get FTA ( ie DSF for the GPs )
3/ can it be fixed using the Cas 2 thing
4/ looking at the pictures of the CAS2 it seems the CAM plugs into it rather than the it into the CAM so how does it work with the embedded CAMS.
5/ can I just get say an XCam, install and all will be fine

sorry for so many questions but I'm at the point of saying do I need a new receiver and they cost a bob or two....

hope you can help
Neil

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
neil8888 said:
Hi there

I have an Extreme PVR with embedded Magic Cam which I think I've killed after sticking in Penta 1.11 ( yep..silly but some posts seem to say OK now)

Now its says no Cam installed, but worse than that it will not find any chanels at all. I've pressed all Factory reset buttons I can find.
Its finding the Sats fine as the signal strength/quality are as good as they always were but it finds no channels at all.

Questions :-

1/ Is my box just dead now ie no channels not even FTA
2/ is there a way to fix this at least to get FTA ( ie DSF for the GPs )
3/ can it be fixed using the Cas 2 thing
4/ looking at the pictures of the CAS2 it seems the CAM plugs into it rather than the it into the CAM so how does it work with the embedded CAMS.
5/ can I just get say an XCam, install and all will be fine

sorry for so many questions but I'm at the point of saying do I need a new receiver and they cost a bob or two....

hope you can help
Neil

Hi neill
I put penta 1.11 on my embedded magic cam a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Did you load the magic cam with a magic loader board first of all.
I wouldnt say your receiver in Knackered. It will work with another cam installed. try get your magic cam working again. try reprograming it again.