Killed the hdd

Brenussat

Reaction score
Hello all, did something a bit stupid this afternoon. Unplugged 7000s to change my lnb without shutting down properly. Upon switching it back on the hard drive made a load of whining noise then packed up and now i can only boot the flash image DOH!!!!. Can anyone please recommend a good hdd.
Is it true 5400rpm is the best? also does it need to be laptop hdd 2.5". lastly what is the largest hdd i can use without overheating probs.
Appologies if i have missed the answer to this thread anywhere i cant find a search tool on site.
Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try remounting the drive, it may just be corrupted. It is best to have your var and multiple images on a USB stick.

Brenussat

Reaction score
Cheers mate but nothing worked hdd is well and truly mullered. I have just installed an 80gig hitachi running 7200rpm and all seems fine. Actualy i think the old one has been on its way out for a while as compaired to this new one it had got really loud over time. Will try usb stick for definate could you tell me what size, need to store a couple of images and usual stuff that goes with them.
Many Thanks:D