KTN on Hellas Sat 2

S

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I've been trying to watch KTN (Kenya Television Network) on Hellas Sat 2, but I'm having a few problems. My decoder identifies the channel as "AWA News" and the KTN audio is mixed with a Kenyan radio station (Kiss100 FM).

As far as I can tell, both audio streams are coming in on the Right channel of APID 514.

Is it a problem at my end, that I can fix by changing some settings on the decoder, or is that what they are actually transmitting (Nothing I can do about it)?

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If theres 2 audio stream mixed on one pid then its a problem at the broadcasters end and you will just have to wait for them to sort it out.

KTN is part of a new multi cahannel African bouquet that will be starting on 39E in the near future. It will be scrambled once its fully up and running.

S

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Thanks for the Info. It's a pity they're going to scramble it. :(

S

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uxbridge UK
It turns out I was mistaken. KTN is on the Right channel and Kiss100 is on the Left channel. So it's easy to select the correct audio stream. :D

U

ur4me

Atlantic bird C-band is transmitting KTN kenya free to air.
what is the frequency of KTN on HELLAS sat2
regards