KTN on Hellas Sat 2

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I've been trying to watch KTN (Kenya Television Network) on Hellas Sat 2, but I'm having a few problems. My decoder identifies the channel as "AWA News" and the KTN audio is mixed with a Kenyan radio station (Kiss100 FM).

As far as I can tell, both audio streams are coming in on the Right channel of APID 514.

Is it a problem at my end, that I can fix by changing some settings on the decoder, or is that what they are actually transmitting (Nothing I can do about it)?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If theres 2 audio stream mixed on one pid then its a problem at the broadcasters end and you will just have to wait for them to sort it out.

KTN is part of a new multi cahannel African bouquet that will be starting on 39E in the near future. It will be scrambled once its fully up and running.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Thanks for the Info. It's a pity they're going to scramble it. :(

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uxbridge UK
It turns out I was mistaken. KTN is on the Right channel and Kiss100 is on the Left channel. So it's easy to select the correct audio stream. :D

ur4me

Reaction score
Atlantic bird C-band is transmitting KTN kenya free to air.
what is the frequency of KTN on HELLAS sat2
regards