ku reception problem

B

BobbyZander

I recently purchased a satellite system in order to receive an FTA channel off of Telstar 6, transponder 7, frequency 11,864.750 ( 11,865 ), symbol rate 3.5156 ( 3515 ). However I am unable to get this channel for some reason.

I can get transponder 5 ( The "Bloomberg" financial channel ) with no problem, so I know I'm locked onto Telstar 6.

The make of my receiver is a BEC DBS-2000 digital satellite receiver, it's brand new.

Do you have any idea as to why I can't get transponder 7 on Telstar 6? I bought this system solely to receive this channel.

I punch in all the right numbers ( just like I did to get transponder 5 ) but still get no results for tp 7. I have also been able to get channels from other satellites as well.

If anyone could try to receive this program on Telstar 6 transponder 7, I would appreciate knowing how you made out.

I am at a complete loss as to what is the problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Ernie (please e-mail if possible: JenkinsnSons@aol.com or DoomtownUSA@aol.com )

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
The BEC shoud be able to get it (check the symbol rate limitation from the specifications )

Otherwise call these people for an updated list of channel times

http://www.drgenescott.com/sat.htm

B

BobbyZander

Thanks for your response to my question.

I have checked and double checked the symbol rate. The programming off this transponder is 24/7. Do you have the capabilities of getting this transponder?

Thank you.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Not from the UK, though if you supply the airline ticket .......

B

BobbyZander

Stupid question, sorry.

However, here's what I've determined so far; of all the symbol rates listed, I can only get the frequencies with symbol rates that are 5 digits, all the ones with only 4 I cannot receive. I am truely baffled. The rep that sold me the receiver is clueless. I feel it must be something with the receiver.

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi BobbyZander

For a symbol rate of only 4 digits you insert a zero (0) in front ie for 3269 you put in 03269, hope this helps