2GB Memory
Technotrend 3650 CI DVB-S2
Compro 350 DVB-S
Hauppauge 900 DVB-T
NVIDIA GeForce 7600
And this doesnt' work the way I want it too. :(
My Location
Scotland
Hopefully someone can help me I have a TV aerial for DVB-T reception and a satellite 2 LNB outputs for freesat and a Labgear HDU681/S 8 way distribution unit in my garage. Currently had some work done at home and had 4 coax cables installed to run from my garage to (2 coax) into the living room and (2 coax) into the kitchen.

Living room has Freesat+ recorder and TV with DVB-T reception, kitchen has DVB-T and single DVB-S boxes. In the kitchen and living room I've installed a Quadruplex Labgear Screened Outlet plate (it has Sat 1 & 2, Aerial and FM/DA:cool: but no matter what I do I cannot get DVB-S/T in both rooms. I thought the distribution unit allow for distribution of alls signal via a single cable. The labgear instructions I find a bit confusing _www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/p3983273.pdf

When I set the living room with the 2 coax connected to the LNB1 Out and Downlink Out I was able to get DVB-S x 2 plus DVB-T signal in my living room. I figured all I had to do was connect the other 2 coax that lead to my kitchen to the Out 1 & 2 but I receive noting. I then tried just one cable to the kitchen but still not DVB-T/S signal.

I hope this makes sense. Do I have the wrong wall plates or are my cables connected to the wrong outputs on the distribution unit?

Mickey

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I have to say that a diagram would help considerably as I find it difficult to visualize what your current setup is, however it would appear to me that your setup is incorrect as you need four cables from the lnb, two to each plate in the two rooms and then the distributed FM and DVB-T using distribution amp as well as. The satellite downlinks from the lnb are needed to allow the control signals sent from the stb to the lnb to control polarity and frequency bands independently of each other

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It won't work the way you want it.

The Labgear HDU681/S combines the two satellite feeds with TV/FM/DAB signals and then outputs the combined signals on two designated outputs. These should be the ones going to the Freesat + box as this needs two satellite inputs. All the other other outputs on the HDU681/S are just combined TV/FM/DAB.

You need to change the two ouput LNB to a four (quad), or even eight (octo), ouput type and then run a separate lead to the other satellite box.

In order to get it work the way you want using trplex and quadplex sockets on the wall you need to change to a multiswitch setup which will combine the signals as you want. This also needs a four output LNB (usually a quattro although some multiswitches will work with a quad). You may need a separate combiner for TV/FM/DAB as not all (most?) multiswitches only have one extra input for the non-sat inputs.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just reading the pdf and it seems that the HDU doesn't combine the TV signals directly to all the other outlets. You have to use the TV of the triplexed output to feed back up into the HDU. This is so that if you have a Digibox with a built-in modulator you put the feed through this before sending it back up to HDU to be distributed about the house.

As you don't have a modulator in any of the Freesat boxes this is really rather redundant. In fact, because it's designed to use the second TV out socket of a Digibox, it means you have to split the signal to feed both your TV and to go back upstairs!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could also diplex extra satellite feeds to the other outputs, cheap and easy to do.