lacuna mk4 1w PQ 00

psprigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+hd
My Location
bristol uk
Hi, was setting up my motorised last night, and ive noticed that when manually moving the dish on the mount to 1w i set the meter to thor and when found the sat i get SS and SS high and PQ 00 on H polor and nothing on V or could be the other way round... my question is, ive got the latest update (june08) on the meter, how come on some satellites i get 00 on pq when it finds the sat?, i get hi PQ numbers on say astra sats... what in the meter is it looking for? how do i make is so all sats will give me readings? ive had issues where ive had to polor on H and searched for a normal sat within reach but couldnt till i changed to V polar, i thought that this meter would give me something on all satellite in its table....

im using a 1.1 triax so

psprigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+hd
My Location
bristol uk
any1 got any ideas

kenrea

Reaction score
Hi
I've had a Lacuna mk2 meter for about 5 years now, a few months ago there was a fault with the charger circuit so I sent it off to SK Electronics in Oldham since I've had it back its not like the same meter anymore, its either showing signals to high or way to low, you have to go into calibration mode almost every time you use it

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Moteck motorised setup with 88cm dish.
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
@psprigs: have exactly the same problem. Only new to the lacuna - updated to the latest dataset. Have exactly the same experience with 1*W. Also, have high signal tuned in for either V or H (cant remember which) on 13 and 19*E - but when I check the opposite - its a far lower quality reading. Shouldnt be on these sats which are so easy to tune in surely??

I only noticed your thread now but had already started another thread with similar query a couple of days ago. Did you find a solution?