laptop power supply

skylark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vision plus card. 1.2 ghz desktop,512mb memory. Win 2k. ATI video
Hi everyone, I wonder if one of you knowledgeable people can help me to sort a laptop problem? I have a laptop with the usual round power supply socket, but have also acquired one with a square socket that has four pins in it, and the top two pins are offset slightly to the bottom ones. There are no discernable names on it, but I believe it could be like an Acer or the like. Does anyone know of an adapter from round to square plug, or have a wiring diag of the socket. I don't want to spend about £55 on a power supply only to find the com**ter doesn't work. Thanks in advance

Ron

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi skylark
Not quite sure what you are referring to with the 4 pin socket, and round to square can you post a photo??? Or is it like the 2nd of these the first being my laptop transformer power lead socket???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Never seem that one before
Compaq always did like to be different!!!

skylark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vision plus card. 1.2 ghz desktop,512mb memory. Win 2k. ATI video
Hi RolfW
it looks very much like the ones on your reply. Do you know which pins do what? If I knew which was the the power in and which was the ground I could probably make an adapter to use my other mains power supply with the round plug!
Cheers,
Ron