Latest CAM : X CAM information

ikuwara2000

Reaction score
X-CAM MODULE

what is it?

the cam called the x cam is a processor module with smartcard reader. with this development platform you can develop your own smartcard applications.

the module contains a fast arm processor, a big ram memory and flash module. together with the programmer you can load your own applications into this module for example applications to.

encrypt data traffic, using smartcards, laptops (mobile business)
a laptop smartcard reader/writer
access control for laptops
development platform for your own dvb encoding systems
purposes for satellite.

the cam modules are the equivelant to an analogue decoder. their function is to restrict access to various channel bouquets - the broadcaster supplies a card to allow you access to their stations! the usual restrictions are applied to where you live.

the existing decoding systems for cams are namely: irdeto, betacrypt, viaccess, mediaguard (astoncrypt - seca), conax, cryptoworks, nagravision, alphacrypt, universal.

the x cam is a all in one type of cam, in short one cam for all the above systems, as well as being used for security for laptops.

supports the following encryption systems.

viaccess 1
viaccess 2
mediagaurd 1 (made by seca)
mediagaurd 2 ( made by seca)
irdeto 1
irdeto 2
betacrypt
nagravision (with selectable boxkey)
works on conax if you have a if you have a vr 3 card or titanium.

the cam is supplied loaded with the very latest software version

and will allow access to

lots of explicit adult channels

inc

taquilla x, taquilla x, taquilla xx

playboy, sexyhot etc

auto updates

also allows access

to french channels on hotbird

xxl

multivisions

france 2

france 5

sirius 5.2 east

seca 2 software now available

s*y italia (hotbird)

and lots more

all without a card!

it’s lightning fast

switching between providers

this cam is unique in such a way that if you insert a card into it, you will have access to both channels that are on the cam including the channels above but also the channels that are on the card without having to remove it.

put a programmed titanium in the cam and you have access to channels on thor plus all of the above if you have a motorised system it will amount to about 300 channels.

the no1 cam

peppey

Reaction score
I have seen this at wizard satellite for £89,can it be rendered invalid? where is the software loading information.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whatever the list says the CAM can do may become invalid at any time. The providers are constantly trying to beat the hackers and as a testament to this, the Sky Italia information in the list above is now inaccurate, as is the Thor statement.

Salih15

Reaction score
My Location
London
Dragon and MR are still the best.

Dogz

Reaction score
If i buy one of these as advertised on E bay or(elsewhere for that matter) will i be able to plug it straight into my HUmax 5400 IRC reciever and watch lots of channels that are normally encrypted ? or am i going to have to b*gg*r about learning how to program cards and hex files and all that stuff ??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you buy it on E-bay, it may or not be plug and play, but none of them are guaranteed to perform ad infinitum, they will all need updating sooner or later and probably sooner. So the answer to your question is yes, you will need to learn how to program cards and learn how to use bin, hex and update files, but that is part and parcel of the hobby.

Dogz

Reaction score
O.K. thanks for that.
So for the time being though it should be just plug n play depending where it comes from ?
May i ask where you would go to buy a "plug n play" card. I tried phoning wizard satellite, no reply..
I appreciate your comments that hex and programming is part of the hobby, but for me its not really a hobby, i got satellite for the missus to watch some tv in her own language and then thought as i have this i might as well see what i can get out of it and dont really have time for hours of "learning curves". Least not at the moment, maybe later and maybe if the viewing becomes interesting enough to make me want to get more involved.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you buy an X-CAM or MR CAM from somewhere like Toecutters, it will be ready to go, but you still may need to add codes by one method or another. This really has to be treated as a hobby and some time set aside for learning, otherwise you will end up very disappointed as your screen goes black on all of the previously viewable channels and you find yourself with an expensive pile of dead hardware.

Dogz

Reaction score
OK lesson learned. I'll leave it alone for a while till i have time to spare. For anyone else reading this, i have also been informed a lot of what the X cam is supposed to be able to do has today changed and it is no longer the answer to all our dreams already. (how quickly things happen in this field!)

Garaad

Reaction score
Hi Dogz
Do you know where i can get (selector funfile updates) for funcard
Thank U

Garaad

Dogz

Reaction score
Whooosh !!

(sound of something going completely over my head) :-)

Have to ask someone else for that ...