Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A new year so a new thread for the 28E news. This is a continuation of the 2006 thread

So to kick off 2007

Quiz Call has closed - 855 is now showing a "this service has ceased screen :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
All In Sport has closed off 444

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Simply SHop has ceased off 638, and its slot has been taken over by PriceBusters

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Star One and Star News will change epg positions on January 3rd.

Star One will move 829 - 783
Star News will move 783 - 829

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
638 has been renamed Pricebusters
681 has been renamed Pricebusters2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eat Cinema has been re-named My Channel on 199

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Star One and Star News have changed epg numbers as expected.

Star One is now 783
Star News is 829

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Six removals from the epg this morning! :eek:

Sky Box Office (745)
All in Sport (444)
Quizcall (855)
Channel 854 (854)
The Word (0191)
MOS Radio (0198)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Look4Less TV (680) has been renamed Smart Shop TV at some point in the last few days.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Info from Biz Asia:

Sahara One & Filmy
Date of launch: None specified
Comments from broadcaster: GloboSat who will now handle the distribution of Sahara One and Sahara Filmy in the UK told BizAsia.co.uk the following: "Sometime in 2007 Sahara One is expected to launch but there is no specific time frame yet."

ZEE's new channel
Comments from broadcaster: With the closure of South Asia World (SAW), ZEE had 30 days to launch its new channel in the vacant slot left by SAW on Sky Digital. Reports suggesting ZEE Sports and ZEE News could be possibilities of launching in the UK. ZEE has said it has received an "extension" from Sky to decide on its 'replacement' channel launch.

DD India & DD News
Date of launch: March 2007
Comments from broadcaster: Doordarshan had been seeking a deal to launch its two channels by 26th January (India's Republic Day), however due to waiting time for Sky EPG numbers, the broadcaster will now launch its two channels in March.

Mana & Chola
Date of launch: March & April 2007
Comments from broadcaster: The broadcaster has confirmed that 'Mana' (Telegu language channel) will launch on 20th March. The Tamil service 'Chola' will be available from 14th April on Hotbird.

Noor TV
Comments from broadcaster: The channel is keeping tight-lipped about the date it will launch on Sky Digital, however, a March 2007 launch date is confirmed.

CNN IBN
Comments from broadcaster: Since the departure of South Asia World, which streamed CNN IBN from India, concerned viewers have contacted BizAsia.co.uk asking if the channel will be returning independently. A spokesman for CNN IBN said: "South Asia World is renegotiating its distribution contracts in the UK. While the process is underway, the channel will briefly be off air. We will be back on air as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you could still access our news feeds online at www.ibnlive.com."

Winstar TV
Date of launch: Monday 30th April 2007
Comments from broadcaster: A free-to-air Asian entertainment channel. However the channel could face delays if an internal agreement is not reached.

Sabras Radio
Comments from broadcaster: The Midland's most popular Asian radio station Sabras Radio will be going live on Sky Digital by May/June 2007.

Aapna Channel
Comments from broadcaster: The UK's first Pahari channel looking at a March 2007 launch.

DM Kashmiri
Comments from broadcaster: DM Digital will be launching the UK's first all-Kashmiri channel in the first half of this year.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Setanta Golf has launched onto 418

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Look4Love (916) have had their transmission licence revoked for broadcasting too explicit material fta.

Ofcom press release said:
Notice of Revocation
In the case of Television Concepts Ltd (TLCS746)
Summary
(1) Ofcom has decided in accordance with section 238 of the Communications
Act 2003 that the licence held by Television Concepts Limited (“Television
Concepts”) to provide the service known as Look4Love (TLCS 746) should be
revoked with immediate effect for the following reasons:
(a) Television Concepts has failed to comply with directions previously
imposed on it by Ofcom to remedy its failures; and
(:cool: Ofcom is satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest to do so
because:
• The seriousness of the Code and licence breaches committed by
Television Concepts, combined with Television Concepts’ inability to
remedy its failures in accordance with directions issued by Ofcom, are
such that the continued holding of the licence by Television Concepts
is not in the public interest;
• Ofcom is concerned to ensure that such breaches are not perpetrated
in future by Television Concepts or any successor of Television
Concepts;
• Television Concepts has failed to pay the financial penalty imposed on
it by Ofcom in the sum of £175,000 (payable to HM Paymaster
General) or any part of such sum within the time specified by Ofcom
for such payment.
(2) Look4Love is a channel in the adult section of the Electronic Programme Guide and was transmitted under the title “Babestar.tv Live XXX”. It featured a number of women in various states of undress using sexual actions and extremely explicit sexual language to promote a premium rate chat line. This included apparent masturbation and verbal ‘invitations’ to both anal and oral s_x.
(3) The material Television Concepts was transmitting was considered seriously unacceptable in unencrypted form. In particular, the extreme explicitness of the language transmitted was of an adult s_x nature and was wholly unsuitable for transmission on a free-to-air service.
Note: Ofcom’s first adjudication against Television Concepts Limited dated 24 November 2006 followed an oral hearing at which Television Concepts Limited was given a full opportunity to make representations and adduce evidence through itself, on the substantive issues. Following consideration of all the evidence, Ofcom concluded that the breaches committed by Television Concepts Limited justified initiating the process for revocation of its licence under section 238 of the Communications Act (“the Act”). However, in accordance with section 238 (2)(c) of the Act, Television Concepts Limited was first directed to comply with certain specified steps to remedy its breaches. Such directions were given on the basis that if Television Concepts Limited failed to comply with any of those steps within the time specified for that step, Ofcom would proceed to revocation of the licence with immediate effect, if that was considered necessary in the public interest.
Decision
1. On 24 November 2006 Ofcom Content Sanctions Committee gave notice to Television Concepts Limited (“Television Concepts” or “the licensee”) that Ofcom intended to revoke its licence in respect of its service Look4Love (TLCS 746) in accordance with section 238(2)(c) of the Communications Act 2003 (“the Act”). Ofcom was required to specify a period in which Television Concepts should take steps to remedy its contraventions or failure (see Adjudication at
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/ocsc_adjud/look4love.pdf). Ofcom also directed the licensee to pay a fine of £175,000 (payable to HM Paymaster General). 2. The Licensee had been found to be in serious breach of seven rules of the BCAP TV Advertising Standards Code (incorporating Rules on the scheduling of television advertisements):
• Rule 4.2.3 Treatments unsuitable for children
• Rule 5.1 Misleading advertising
• Rule 5.4.2 Superimposed text
• Rule 6.1 Harm and offence
• Rule 7.3.1 Mental harm
• Rule 7.3.7 Use of scheduling restrictions
• Rule 11.1.2 Premium rate services
and
• in breach of its Television Licensable Content Service licence, Condition 17.1:
Failure to comply with a direction from the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that the offending advertising be removed from the service, despite repeated requests and despite that direction being subsequently reinforced by Ofcom.
3. Ofcom’s notice of revocation directed the licensee, with immediate effect, to comply with the relevant standards codes, namely:
a) the BCAP Television Advertising Standards Code (incorporating the
rules on the scheduling of television advertising)
:cool: Ofcom's Broadcasting Code
(For specifics see Adjudication at
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/obb/ocsc_adjud/look4love.pdf.)
4. Ofcom also gave a direction requiring:
Television Concepts to put into operation and lodge with Ofcom effective written compliance arrangements, within 42 days, to ensure compliance for the service broadcast under TLCS licence no 746 including written confirmation of the compliance structure within Television Concepts with details of who is responsible within the licensee for compliance, the training in place and undertaken by that
person or persons and the compliance manuals used for such training purposes.
5. It was Ofcom's intention to monitor within 28 days of the Notice of Revocation whether or not Television Concepts had taken the remedial steps set out in the Notice (as above, see 3 a) and :cool:). Ofcom also intended to assess whether within 42 days after service of the Notice of Revocation, the steps specified above (see 4) had been taken. This was with a view to revoking Television Concepts’ licence (TLCS
746) with immediate effect if Ofcom was satisfied that, in accordance with section 3 238(3) of the Act, Television Concepts had not complied with any step within the time specified for that step and that it was necessary in the public interest to revoke the licence.
6. As of 8 January 2007, the licensee has failed to comply with Ofcom’s
directions to remedy its contraventions or failure. Ofcom has therefore revoked Television Concepts’ licence in respect of its service Look4Love. Specifically, Television Concepts has failed to:
• pay the fine of £175,000 imposed on it, or any part of that fine, within the specified time; and
• to put into operation and lodge with Ofcom, within the specified 42 days, effective written compliance arrangements to ensure compliance for the service broadcast under TLCS 746 including written confirmation of the compliance structure within Television Concepts with details of who is responsible within the licensee for compliance, the training in place and undertaken by that person or persons and the compliance manuals used for such training purposes.
7. Ofcom is satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest to revoke
Television Concepts’ licence due to:
a) The seriousness of the breaches of the Code and the licence
committed by Television Concepts, combined with Television
Concepts’ inability to remedy its failures in accordance with directions
issued by Ofcom;
:cool: Ofcom is concerned to ensure that such breaches are not perpetrated
in future by Television Concepts or any successor of Television
Concepts;
c) Television Concepts has failed to pay the financial penalty imposed on
it by Ofcom in the sum of £175,000 (payable to HMPG) or any part of
such sum within the time specified by Ofcom for such payment.
8. It is a necessary, and a licence condition, that directions imposed on
licensees by Ofcom (or any body to which Ofcom has contracted out its function e.g.
the Advertising Standards Authority) are complied with. Failure to do so is itself a ground for revocation under the licence. Television Concepts has failed on a number of occasions to comply with directions, including those directions imposed on it as a result of the imposition of a statutory sanction (which itself was imposed for the failure to comply with directions).
9. For the reasons set out above, Ofcom is to revoke Television Concepts licence in respect of Look4Love with immediate effect.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Russia Today should move to 516 on January 11th.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Solent TV are now full trade testing on 11681 V 27500 2/3 tagged as 53149. They launch onto the epg on January 15th

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Russia Today has moved from 182 to 516 in the epg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ITV 1 Scottish TV have split thier news services:

STV said:
Viewers in the west and the east of central Scotland will each get a different edition of Scotland Today reporting on what is happening in the communities. In the west we will cover from Tobermory to Falkirk. While the east Scotland Today will be reporting from Anstruther to Dunbar.

Viewers of North Tonight will also notice a change - those in the Dundee, Angus, Perthshire and north-east Fife area will get a dedicated bulletin within the main North Tonight programme with all their local stories. And whilst they are watching that, viewers further north will see stories from the north-east, Highlands and Islands more of the news that matters to them.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
UCB Europe on 0125 was renamed UCB UK a couple of days ago

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Channel 6 Ireland are epg testing on 11261H 27500 2/3 tagged as 52103

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Solent TV have launched onto epg 219

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DD India & DD News are now slated for launch on April 26th :)