LBC goes nationwide with Sky Digital

N

net1

Chrysalis-owned London radio station LBC is being broadcast nationwide for the first time thanks to a deal with BSkyB.
LBC will be available to Sky Digital's 6.7 million subscribers on channel 927 from today, six months after Chrysalis relaunched the station.

The station is one of the country's oldest commercial broadcasters and boasts celebrity presenters including Angela Rippon, Jane Moore and Penny Smith.

It is the third Chrysalis analogue station, following Heart and Galaxy, to be broadcast via Sky TV.

G

greenman

LBC will be available to Sky Digital's 6.7 million subscribers on channel 927 from today, six months after Chrysalis relaunched the station.

Plus everyone else with a FTA receiver.

The station is one of the country's oldest commercial broadcasters

It is the oldest commercial broadcaster in the UK or maybe someone knows otherwise.

PS I'm delighted
;) .

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
G

greenman

Didn't think of them!!! "sorry". Listened alot when I lived in Dublin. They always had the best AM audio and I believe the AM TX was quite basic.
Well Rolfw you are on the ball.
Got a question?? Did you ever listen to $ky radio from Holland on 19 degrees then listen to Radio 10 FM, $ky radio sounds fine but Radio 10FM sounds dreadful. Someone said when you uplink to satellite you should not use and optimod.
Any idea's?
PS 2FM from Ireland sounds dreadful as well.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
More luck than being on the ball, I remembered seeing it on a web page some while ago. :) Don't know anything at all about sound processing so can't comment on the satellite radio quality I'm afraid, all I know is that I was a tad disappointed with the quality of the majority of the DAB terrestrial broadcasts.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Still havent had the wavefinder out more than once

Seems to have gone the way of all weird gadgets

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sold mine to someone in Belgium, probably won't go in the direction of DAB, well not until there is no other option anyway.