• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LED-lit TFT project idea...

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Ok, my mum's Laptop TFT stopped lighting up (Pink-screen syndrome), and has been replaced, so now I have a Samsung LTN141XA-L02 14.1" TFT with no light, soooo, I had an idea to replace the CCF tube with a white LED array, mobile phone TFT screens use them so why can't normal sized TFT screens have them too? So, what I need is reccomendations, very small white LEDs (preferably as used in mobile phones), some wire, and a way to wire it into the laptop's power to light it up... :D

So, any reccomendations? :D

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
These are the LEDs I'd like to use, wired in parallel, not sure how many needed though, but they'd fit in the CCF tube's space...... :D

Attachments