Advice Needed Lenson Heath 1.5 mtr dish ??

Looks good. How are you going to ensure that both sides will be adjusted equally? Probably won't matter much due to the steel bracket holding the dish true and straight but don't want to have unequal adjustments.
I guess just using a tape measure and thread/turn counting as I adust the nuts on the end of the longer eyebolts where they pass through the shorter eyebolts ..with a nut either side of the purple eye of course..
..
I'm doing this because of the extra wind loading the whole setup will encounter ..and to make setting up a bit easier ..
fingers crossed.
rgds
VS
 
Damn that was quick ..
Ordered the first 2 Eyebolt/gate hinges yesterday ..and they are here already ..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0048.webp
    DSCF0048.webp
    211.6 KB · Views: 69
perhaps it is already too late, but.... it is also possible to acquirer all the nuts&bolts made out of INOX. I use turnbuckles on my T90. And fixing bolts you better use with conical head, as on my picture, upper one.
 

Attachments

  • P1300679 (Medium).webp
    P1300679 (Medium).webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 81
  • P1300682 (Medium).webp
    P1300682 (Medium).webp
    85.8 KB · Views: 75
Nice one Rima ..
I'll take your suggestion seriously ...
If all goes well ...I can retrofit INOX bolts at a later date.
cheers
VS
 
high VS that's a good idea using eye bolts I have the brackets shown in the previous picture and when you loosen them the dish falls forward with no control then you loose the picture so you pull the dish up to get the picture and try to adjust as best you can but I am sure there is some movement when you tighten up,the eye bolts would make it easier
 
I woke up to bright sunny day ..
Cold n breezy but it offered the opportunity for first fitting..
So dismantled Neil and took the prepared bits outside ..
Still only the first coat of hamerite on them but good enough for a loosely bolted test ..
I'm picking up on the 4 pre-drilled backplate holes already in the plate when bought ..so adaption will be neccessary ..but minimal.
The yellow ring shows that packing in the form of washers will be needed ..but looking good to me ..
Here are some pics..
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0051.webp
    DSCF0051.webp
    158 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF0052.webp
    DSCF0052.webp
    184.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0053.webp
    DSCF0053.webp
    110.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0055.webp
    DSCF0055.webp
    119.7 KB · Views: 73
Yes, looks great. Do carry on :D
 
Nice! Your neighbours must thinking you're a bit coockoo!
Don't understand CJ ..'Think' I am when it's a foregone conclusion..
Everyone should know at least one 'mad man '...
8)
 
The French neighbours I do have, already think I'm 'cuckoo' because I'm English.....never mind the six dishes...
 
So ..can't really do any more today ..
But gave the 1.5 dish surface a damned good clean with soap n water..
A couple of rust tracks visible an can't be removed without abrasing the powder coat surface ..so will do as is.
I've ordered some 30mm countersunk m8s in stainless to replace them ..so no further rusting.
Now he just needs a name ..
I thought Carl ..named for one of my heroes Carl Sagan..
So henceforth this dish will be referred to as Carl.
..and YES ..I am quite mad y'know..
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0056.webp
    DSCF0056.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0057.webp
    DSCF0057.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0058.webp
    DSCF0058.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 50
Looks very nice VS. Hope the Ka stuff comes in for you OK ;)

Anagram of Carl - L'Arc - excuse my French :D

I'll get my coat...
 
Finally this morning the 10mm eye bolts arrived ..
As expected the 'eye' on these are smaller and will not allow a 12mm bolt to pass through ..
So I drilled one out ..
Still have the other to do ..but a nice clean 12mm hole to allow these to be linked ..
Weather permitting I will investigate stage 2 outside tomorrow.
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0059.webp
    DSCF0059.webp
    111.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0060.webp
    DSCF0060.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0061.webp
    DSCF0061.webp
    107.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0062.webp
    DSCF0062.webp
    203.8 KB · Views: 44
So ..Been outside for an hour ..but the cold got in my hands and stopped em functioning correctly ..so Tea break time..
Here is what has been achieved so far ..
The existing holes/key slots were designed for M8 ..
I deliberately chose to go with M10 for bolts and the smaller eyebolt ..
This meant I had to file the holes/slots wide but circular where the bolts intercepted..
Again deliberately chosen so the bolts dont slide.
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0063.webp
    DSCF0063.webp
    125.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0064.webp
    DSCF0064.webp
    112 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0065.webp
    DSCF0065.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 54
Evan, have you thought about putting a jack there, instead? Will give you remote control declination control!
 
nice one VS it looks more of a solid feel and better control than the plates
 
Im thinking ..
Not long now till I get Carl up n running..

Time for yet another Tea break and a 'tab'..
Ewww ..I hear you all cry ...but it does appear to help me focus ..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0066.webp
    DSCF0066.webp
    56.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0067.webp
    DSCF0067.webp
    114.9 KB · Views: 49
Evan, have you thought about putting a jack there, instead? Will give you remote control declination control!

I am certainly considering it CJ ..but a job for later I think ..
Just wanna get Carl up n running for now.
rgds
 
3 Hasty shots taken of Carls reflector mounted ..
Got a neighbour to give me a hand with this ...
A bit of a quick fix as I had to go open the shop at 1pm
The mount bolts are being replaced with M8 stainless with nylock nots ..
Very pleased at the progress today ..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0068.webp
    DSCF0068.webp
    84 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0069.webp
    DSCF0069.webp
    66 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0070.webp
    DSCF0070.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back
Top