Advice Needed Lenson Heath 1.5 mtr dish ??

How's the condition of the dish? Pictures?
Can't see any major flaws CJ ..
Fully dismantled atm...but will take a photo of the reflector later..
Enjoying a well earned cuppa atm.
I'll have to get my brain in gear to come up with a way to mount it on the H180 ..unless a suitable adapter already exists ?
cheer
VS
 
I would simply get a nice thick steel plate with holes driller in the right place for the new dish and attach it to the current plate that holds the Gibby. A very simple and efficient method.
 
As requested ..
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0033.webp
    DSCF0033.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF0034.webp
    DSCF0034.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF0035.webp
    DSCF0035.webp
    53 KB · Views: 100
@CH I have paid Simon for the card ..so it is now with me ..
If you pm me your address ...I'll post it on to you when I can next get to the post office.
rgds
VS

Many thanks.
 
Well I was going to Embed a clip, lest the comment confuse the unitiated, but there aren't any!


(Unless CH can succeed where I have so singularly failed)
 
A break from the rain gave me an opportunity to remove the iron work on the rear of the dish this morning..
To be honest I was starting to worry as it took 2 of us to bring it in and thus was was heavy..
I needn't have worried though ...
Once the rear mount parts and the support ring were removed ..I could lift the dish with one hand ..whilst standing on a garden chair.
The support ring is also light ..and it's removal means I can work on a mount method ..without having to move the dish around.
..and inside where it's warmer..dryer and less exposed to winds..
rgds
VS
 
Splendid. Something to pass the time before 2E lights up.
 
I meant something for me to do - Following Evan's exploits instead of twiddling my thumbs ;)
 
The devil makes work for idle hands . . .





:-bunny
 
A break from the rain gave me an opportunity to remove the iron work on the rear of the dish this morning..
To be honest I was starting to worry as it took 2 of us to bring it in and thus was was heavy..
I needn't have worried though ...
Once the rear mount parts and the support ring were removed ..I could lift the dish with one hand ..whilst standing on a garden chair.
The support ring is also light ..and it's removal means I can work on a mount method ..without having to move the dish around.
..and inside where it's warmer..dryer and less exposed to winds..
rgds
VS

You should now carry out tests on how straight the dish surface is, by placing the reflector up against a good quality patio door (or three) to see if the front edge touches all round.


When it comes to reattaching the backplate, use nylon washers and barely tighten the bolts, and try the patio door test again.
 
Miserable outside atm ..but at least dry ..so have been out with the rotating rubber (drill) sanding attachment and wire brushes ..de-rusting the loose stuff on the support ring and cross members ..
Done ..applied Kurust..and primed the cross members ready for a full repaint of the support ring and cross struts with black hamerite..
So a start made at least.
rgds
VS
 
Excellent. I know you aren't always at your best in Winter, so it's nice to see this year seems more amenable :)
 
Excellent. I know you aren't always at your best in Winter, so it's nice to see this year seems more amenable :)
All too true Gordon ..
I have been nursing man flu for over a month now ..
..with a compromised immune system ..one expects these things to drag on ..
But ..at least I'm not having to deal with frost and inches of snow ..which has a more direct effect on the ability of my hands to fully function..
_thats_ the direct effect of MS ...Transverse Myelitis in my case..
cheers buddy
Evan
 
Bringing back mixed heelings ..
Memories of the Fall and Rise of Christina..
and a banging headache from paint fumes in the house ..
Small price to pay I guess..
;)
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0044.webp
    DSCF0044.webp
    191 KB · Views: 76
In preparation for fitting the bigger dish to the H180 ....I've been toying with replacing the 2 side struts that hold the dish adabter plate with a dual eyebolt linkage ..obviously on each side ...and thus getting rid of the single centre adhustment which is difficult to tweak requiring the slackening off of the side bolts prior to tweaking ..
Not only that but it doesn't _pull_ the inner plate uniformly ..
Anyone see why this idea wouldn't work ??
If no negative replies ..I'll order 2 long and 2 short eyebolts with nuts in M12 ..and give it a go ..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • Declination Mod.webp
    Declination Mod.webp
    111.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Looks good. How are you going to ensure that both sides will be adjusted equally? Probably won't matter much due to the steel bracket holding the dish true and straight but don't want to have unequal adjustments.
 
Back
Top