level pole

assen555

Reaction score
level pole
up until the last blast of gales i was tracking all sats between 28e and 30 w no problems,on 1.1 triax polar mount.The problem is now after readjusting everything i have a problem with sats west of thor can just about get 8 w ,but no 7 w 15 w or 30 w.Having spent 2 hrs on the roof today can not seem to get anywhere,however just before it got dark i noticed the pole was not exactly straight up accoding to spiritlevel,it is only a small amount 1/4 inch maybe 1/8.So my question is before i start all over again with all the great tutorials can that small amount throw it off the arc on one side so as to miss west sats.Thanks as always for any input.
user_online.gif

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes is the simple answer to your question, the plumbness of the pole/mast is critical, as it is the base component of the installation, off by a couple of degrees and you will have difficulties.

PS. Very often when dishes have moved in extreme winds, it is only the mount which has moved on the mast and simply sending the motor to a reference satellite and moving the whole assembly on the mast until you get the best signal will rectify the problem.