Lidl camping digital

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Will be Monte Pego on the Northern Costa Blanca
Lidl in Spain are selling a "camping digital" setup which it says accesses Astra 19. The dish seems to be 40cm diameter. Has anyone tried one of these? It's 89€ and would be handy for camping if anything worth while would be available in Europe and the UK. English speaking channels would be nicest! Anyone have any info?

Thanks Anne

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
annemarigold said:
Lidl in Spain are selling a "camping digital" setup which it says accesses Astra 19. The dish seems to be 40cm diameter. Has anyone tried one of these? It's 89€ and would be handy for camping if anything worth while would be available in Europe and the UK. English speaking channels would be nicest! Anyone have any info?

Thanks Anne

With a small dish such as a 40cm, it will only be useful for camping in the UK if you want English channels (BBC1/2/3/4, ITV1/2, Channel 4, Sky News etc.)

It's too small to receive these channels in mainland Europe.

The only English Astra 19e has is BBC World, CNN, CNBC, Deutsche Welle, Euronews and the Travel Channel - it would receive these okay in Spain

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Will be Monte Pego on the Northern Costa Blanca
Thanks. Well better than nothing I suppose if the evening is a bit dull or just to keep in touch with news. Could just rely on wireless (showing my age!!) I suppose but I hate to admit to being a TV addict!