Lidl uk cheap Satellite setup

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Does anybody know whether it's possible to use a JVC MBR remote control or a One4All4 to control the Comag receiver? I can't find a code for it. I only want the ability to flick channels, I'd use the proper remote for everything else.

S

satsid

@ nexin,i got a comag SL55 & what a great fta receiver for the money.4000 channels,sr 1000,fec you can put in yourself.if your into feeds as im this receiver is a must,the scanning is very quick.on the downside some of the satellites are below the clarkbelt for the uk.so i changed the satellite that were no good to me.added new ones & feeds in into the satellites i wanted.then if you do what i have done you will see just how good this receiver is when scanning.
sid vbmenu_register("postmenu_135302", true);

smiler247

Reaction score
Hi there

I too bought the Comag from Lidl two weeks ago. Having a few problems setting it up... (total noobie to these things!). When I do a satellite scan it gives me 70% or so strength but quality is 0%. Also getting the message "signal is weak" on screen. Obviously there is a problem but what do I need to do to solve it?!

Thanks

Laura xx

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Did you buy the dish and LNB and fit them or are you connecting to an existing setup?

Set up mine and it works just dandy!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

smiler247

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Did you buy the dish and LNB and fit them or are you connecting to an existing setup?

Set up mine and it works just dandy!
I bought the dish and LNB. Just tried setting it up again and still 0% quality...
Help!!!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
How are you setting it up?

If you have the meter then this should be easy just set dish up in general direction of other Sky dishes around you.

Turn meter to full until you get a strong siganl ( at least 1 second delay) then turn meter down and fine tune.

Don't go by receiver as it will give signal strength +70% when pointed at ground!

smiler247

Reaction score
gameboy said:
How are you setting it up?

If you have the meter then this should be easy just set dish up in general direction of other Sky dishes around you.

Turn meter to full until you get a strong siganl ( at least 1 second delay) then turn meter down and fine tune.

Don't go by receiver as it will give signal strength +70% when pointed at ground!
So, pointing it in the direction that Sky satellites are pointing will pick up Astra 1?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No, Astra 2 at 28.2E

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
No Smiler, astra 2, but you have to be accurate in the pointing of your dish.
Have you looked at what is available free to air, should you wish to opt for one of the
other satellites?

smiler247

Reaction score
Whats the easiest way to point my dish...? Sorry, as I say I know absolutely nothing about this and am debating calling in an expert to fix it for me. I want to get French and German channels (as I'm a French and German teacher) so I think Astra 1 would be best?

I'm really starting to stress about this now...(could do with this working asap as term is about to start...)

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Laura

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No disrespect, but if it's stressing you, then getting in a local installer is your best bet. At least you're guarenteed to get it sorted in the quickest possible time. Fiddling about is for the hobbyists who like to tinker, whereas you just want it fixed. Just try and pick someone local who sounds trustworthy, and don't let them go 'till you see it working!

I would say that Astra 1 at 19.2E is your best bet. Lots of German, but not so many French FTA.

STICK

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Set your receiver up to Astra and choose a FTA channel - if possible do this within view of the dish using a portable TV.

If you can't do this use a walky talky or shout - a home phone with pageing facilities is another option.

The old Astra is just about the strongest signal you can get - unfortunatly most dishes point to Sky digital Astra position so that's not much good.

The dish should be able to move on the bracket and almost vertical. If you have other Sky dishes around then Astra is to the right about 10-15 deg. move slowly back and forth, up and down around that region.

Remember that the reciever will have a delay of around 1-2 seconds so move slowly. I know most people will tell you that you need a meter but it is possible to do it without, I have done this on several occasions with the old Astra Sats. Once you get a signal then fine tune using advice earlier. Once you have a good signal tighten the bolts and have a drink you'll deserve one!

Problem is the Astra satellites are 35,786 miles above the Equator and transmit with the power of 500W lightbulb!

smiler247

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Will try that and then see how it goes, if that fails will have to get someone in!!

Lau x

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
One easy way of setting up your dish for 19.2 degrees east(astra1), is if you can get hold of an old analogue receiver, hook your dish up to that, hook receiver up to portable tv, hopefully one that you will be able to see whilst moving the dish. First input the frequency of a channel, e.g. Arte has a strong signal 10994H, then to start with point the dish where minidishes are pointing, then very very slowly move dish (clockwise if looking from above) until you see a picture.

ianl

Reaction score
I missed out on Lidl gear vultures had picked it clean at both Lidls in Walsall
bar a few dishes. Anyway just found this place off forum poll on here satonline.co.uk they have 2 receivers(FTA)Telestar and Digiquest both£69.
I might go for one with ci slots that said, only looked at fta so far.anyone used
satonline would appreciate imfo!cheers in advance

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Yes, it has no place for CAM or Card but is a very good FTA receiver - In my opinion.

amorpheus121

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LIDL COMAG
My Location
MIDLANDS
SO WAR HEAD ...HELP !!!!!! OR ANYONE ELSE OF COURSE

HOW DO I PATCH MY LIDL'S COMAG ? PS I AM AN IDIOT TECHNOPHOBE SO BE GENTLE EH ?

war head said:
Looks different from the Comag one they had a while ago, i have got one of these its a good receiver now i've updated its software

Does this new one have common interface slots behind a flap or is it just for free to air channels do you think, either way not bad for £50

their LNB's look fairly cheap for £4 anyhow

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire