Lies and Sky advisors.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
HI ALL

I would like to know what the hell those Sky advisors are up to! I was told back in March this year that the earliest I could cancel my contract was June 26th. I sent a letter by recorded delivery to say that I wish to cancel and that I will not be renewing. I spoke to another advisor just less then 30 minutes ago, who told me I cannot cancel until July 8th because my contract is up on August 8th.

That's the straw that broke the camel's back! I have e-mailed Jeremy Darroch. I am fed up of those advisors saying what the hell they like and misinforming customers. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

The quicker I leave this bloody company the better!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would like to know what the hell those Sky advisors are up to!

It's a business, they are in it for the money and nothing else.

Believe in better :-buttkick

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Don't expect a reply. For the sake of keeping your blood pressure low, just wait 7 days and cancel.

If you like living on the edge, you can try the likes of Ofcom and Trading Standards.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Yes, I think the one week waiting game may be better. They cannot make me beholden to them after July 8th. Once I leave there is no way I will be going back to them. Sky and me are done! I wouldn't have it free for a year!

I do believe in better, like not having it at all! :D

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Had a motorised for 2 years now! :D

Anyhoo, it does seem that July 8th is the magic date to cancel. Can't wait!

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
There is only one thing better than a Motorised System ;)
Two Motorised Systems :)

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
You will of course keep the card to open FTV channels?

Regards

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
Oh, I'll keep the viewing card. But not even torture would convince me to resubscribe to Sky. Let's face it, Sky will only get more and more expensive and I can do without that.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Isn't it easier to just send an email and cancel direct debit?

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I have been with Virginmedia since C&W installed the cables in the newly surfaced pavement. Seem OK, even got caller id yesterday after asking for it. Working within 2 hours.

Tony1A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North-East England, UK
This newspaper article about Sky is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Look at the fairy tales they spun to me. Oh, you can't cancel until 26th June, so a you send a letter and it gets ignored and then you phone to be told you can't cancel until July 8th. Well I thought "Sod this" and e-mailed Jeremy Darrochs office and it all got sorted out. It's about time Sky were investigated over this as they have been allowed to get away with too much for far too long.

Even before my contract was due to be cancelled I got a phone call to try to get me to stay (I rebuffed them) and they even sent out a "Come back to Sky" leaflet through the post a week before my services stopped.

I welcome the OFCOM investigation and I will happily tell them what they did to me!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
If you don't get any joy in cancelling just cancel the direct debit on your account that will soon wake em up into action.

I cancelled sports back in May through website worked fine but guess that was as I wasn't cancelling all of it.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
<record mode="broken">I'd happily get a Sky sub if there were a "cricket only" package</record>

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
<record mode="broken">I'd happily get a Sky sub if there were a "cricket only" package</record>
its what they call bundling, you have to pay for channels you might never watch. subs are going up again next month ive just been hit with a £23 pm rise as i was on a 12 month deal thats just expired, along with the £6 pm rise from bt. ankle grab time! :mad:

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
its what they call bundling, you have to pay for channels you might never watch. subs are going up again next month ive just been hit with a £23 pm rise as i was on a 12 month deal thats just expired, along with the £6 pm rise from bt. ankle grab time! :mad:
You're paying Premier League salaries - does that not give you a warm fuzzy feeling? :)

I just had a false dawn: I've been playing with a Raspberry Pi preloaded with OpenElec, one of the available plugins being for Espn3. So - I install it and see that I can watch the whole day's play as well as every day from the last 10 days or so. I select it and -> "script error". Grrrr. I suspect I need an Espn subscription to get it to work, and it looks as though said subscription is not available in France. Every time I try to go to the Espn website for more information the only sports available are those in which I have no interest (largely north American).