Limit to channels received

Zharko

Reaction score
Hi All

I have two very newbie questions so sorry:

I have a 90cm fixed dish with two universal LNBs. THe installer told me that one was Astra 19E and the other Hotbird 13E.

The technomate free to air box lista exactly 1500 of which I can receive about 350. They are all from the two satellites above.

First question is: can I only receive channels from those two satellites. Is it the LNB that dictates which satellite you receive?

Secondly, is 1500 channels the maximum that the receiver-box sets or can I get more manually?

Thanks for any advice to a total beginner at this game.

Ben

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Zharko said:
First question is: can I only receive channels from those two satellites. Is it the LNB that dictates which satellite you receive?

Yes, the LNB is set to receive a position in space i.e 19.2 deg East (Astra) 13 deg East (Hotbird). You will have to move the dish/LNB to another position to receive other services.

Astra and Hotbird offer the most varied channels.

Zharko said:
Secondly, is 1500 channels the maximum that the receiver-box sets or can I get more manually?

Not sure if this receiver only stores 1500 channels. You can delete the encrypted ones from your list and try re-scanning. This may give you more free-to-air channels.

I don't know how many you can expect from these two positions. I may be worth a try.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Most Technomate receivers store 3000+ channels, check with the Technomate site the specs for your receiver.
Most receivers arrive with outdated transponder information, check with King of Sat/ FlySat/LyngSat and input missing transponder details and do a rescan.
I get 370 D&A FTA on 19.2east and 475 D&A FTA on 13east

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
@AForester

Good to have you on board m8.

Regards Satdude. :D