rhubarbe

My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
@ rolfw

Can you tell me how to manually install (if I have to do it maually) lincardemu to a dreambox running latest Gemini image?

I have two versions of the lincardemu "package", one I believe uncompiled binary that has 8 files and 341KB called: lincardemu-bin-0.20e, another lincardemu-0.20f is 82 objects and 1.01MB (This is only a DM500T with no room for 1.01MB in the flash).

If this post makes you think that I don't know what I am doing you'd be quite right but I am very keen to learn. :)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
rhubarbe said:
@ rolfw

Can you tell me how to manually install (if I have to do it maually) lincardemu to a dreambox running latest Gemini image?

I:)

Good question mate as the Lincard is running under Linux and so does the box

This proggy is meant for a PC , just to make it run in Linux DOS

So U shouldn´t need all the boot stuff Well, I will wait and see if this can be done Maybe if it is uploaded as a plug-in ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
rhubarbe said:
@ rolfw

I have two versions of the lincardemu "package", one I believe uncompiled binary that has 8 files and 341KB called: lincardemu-bin-0.20e, another lincardemu-0.20f is 82 objects and 1.01MB (This is only a DM500T with no room for 1.01MB in the flash).

If this post makes you think that I don't know what I am doing you'd be quite right but I am very keen to learn. :)
Not sure whether you could use it on a DB and not sure why you would want to, as the DB has enough emulators which are specifically designed for it. This thread is a little old and not really relevant, as Conax is no longer receivable using any of the emulators. :)

rhubarbe

My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Well, what I want to do is to link two DB's and two STB's runing DVB-T. I know it's not sat, but it is DB related and the emu works for DVB-S and DVB-T. I have the uncompiled files but I can't work out where to load them to. Tell me, and I'll go away and do it. :)

If it works I'll try it with my dm500-S and my TM 1500 CI+

Nick -D-vB

me and my bright ideas... :rolleyes:

I suggested LinCard to rhubarbe because we were after a small radegast client with a season emu that would run on the Dreambox. The lce-0.20e-dreambox.zip download was the lastest version [pre-compiled for PowerPC] that I could find but if anyone knows of a better emu please let us know. I don't think that NewCS has a season emu??? Will NewCAMd or SCAM do the trick?

The plan was to have two DM500T's [networked to a couple of PCs with DVB-T cards] also connected to two normal set-top decoders [by way of season interfaces on the DM500's COM ports]. The idea is to let all the Dreamboxes, STBs and PCs share one card (in one of the Dreamboxes). Despite the fact I moderate the DVBN's cardsharing forum I don't have much experiance with the Dreambox, or nix for that matter :-ohmy , so if anyone can help us out I'd really appreciate it.

RolfW, if you could shift the last couple of posts to the DM500 section we might have more luck in there :)

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Thanks,
Nick

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm afraid that a lot of this has left me behind Nick, don't seem to find the time to experiment any more, the DB is probably wasted on me at the moment, as I only really use the very basic functionality. :)

rhubarbe

My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Thanks rolfw :)

Cheers Nick ;)