Linking 2 TVs, 2 Sky+ boxes - Help!

Hi

I currently have Sky+ downstairs with an aerial link to my TV upstairs with a TV Remote Eye upstairs. This allows me to watch Sky+ upstairs and change programs, set up new recordings from upstairs via the remote eye.

I am having Sky+160 installed this weekend: replacing my standard Sky+ downstairs and the old Sky+ moved upstairs. I want to be able to:

a) Link both Sky+ boxes to the TVs in the other rooms;
:cool: Add another Remote eye so I can record programs on either Sky+ box & watch in either rooms.

How should I do this? Can I use 2 remote eyes this way? If so, how do I prevent the signal from the remote handset hitting both Sky+ boxes? If I click to record wont both sky+ boxes receive the command, one directly & one via the remote eye?

Help please!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that there is a neat solution to your problem, there is a combiner unti made for theSky+ and a standard digibox, but i cannot see a way to control the other one, unless you use a wireless remote extender and this would still need to be shielded from the magic eye.

rolfw said:
Don't think that there is a neat solution to your problem, there is a combiner unti made for theSky+ and a standard digibox, but i cannot see a way to control the other one, unless you use a wireless remote extender and this would still need to be shielded from the magic eye.
Thanks Rolf,

Perhaps I am being too ambitious. I will use the Sky+160 as the main box, linked to the best TV with surround sound. There are times when there are more than 2 programs on at the same time and I dont want to be forced to only watch these in the bedroom.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing stopping you from incorporating it into the system, but do you really need to be able to control the second box from another room?

My Satellite Setup
Sky+ 160
My Location
Switzerland
Hi Rolf, Hope you see this. You mentioned a 'Combiner' available for a TV Eye linking Sky & Sky+ box. Can you give me more information. I have recently upgraded to Sky+ 160, but use my old box for listening to the Radio. Both Receivers are tucked away in a cupboard, and I use a TV Eye to link Sky+ to the TV and a Wireless A/V sender for the Radio (but would like to run this over Coaxial as well) using 1 TV eye for both (as Sky & Sky+ Remotes are 'Unique'). The other headache I have here is the Audio signal is not compatible with Swiss TV's so I'm using an old UK VCR as a Tuner. I would obviously need to change the channel of either Sky or Sky+ so they transmit on separate channels.