Live Premiership next season - channel comparison

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
trw144 said:
hi
I want to get digitalb for the football next season. can someone tell me if this is everything i need?...............

also how hard would it be for me to fit it myself?

well a cheap 80cm dish is around £20 to £30. A sat reciever that has conax
or buy a CAM (prices vary) I got my Sat receiver £80 and have a CAM of a friend (its a motorised system but I took the motor off and locked it on 16e for the new season) got my DigitAlbi card a couple of months ago ready
before the rush started 12 months paid just Sports.

If you have a Sat meter (and got 16e on) I found it easy search for Hotbird 13e (very strong signal) and just move slowly to the left (point dish up a fraction) I used an old Skyware LNB (from Sky setup) its the round ones so can take bracket off and will fit in universal LNB camp. So for me my total system was Dish £20, Sat Receiver £80, CAM free got for exchange with a mate no cash paid, LNB free and DigitAlbi card 12 months £139.95 including VAT and P&P. Far cheaper than paying Sky for 12 months footy. I`ve had this little lot 3+ years last year bought ART card the years before NO card just watched on TPS using Matrix CAM

gbaggerz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Newbie, Technomate TM1500, 800mm dish, 2db LNB, motor.
My Location
Hull, East Yorkshire
Hello to everyone,

I wonder if anyone has Digit Alb?? What is the quality like??

Last season i had ART, i loved it now they aint going to be showing English Prem GUTTED.

And im thinking that DigitAlb will be the best option for me Prem Footie next season

If anyone has any other options, Would be grateful of any help

Thanks

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
gbaggerz said:
Hello to everyone,

I wonder if anyone has Digit Alb?? What is the quality like??

Last season i had ART, i loved it now they aint going to be showing English Prem GUTTED.

And im thinking that DigitAlb will be the best option for me Prem Footie next season

If anyone has any other options, Would be grateful of any help

Thanks

Yes it’s the same for me (and the rest of us here I guess) I too was on Art last year now on 16e. DigitAlb. I watched the Brazil vs. Aggie game Sunday
picture OK (crappy English commentary though) Its the Ch I`m watching this year for footy, got my card at the end of last season ready for this season, was cheaper before the rush!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Apparently the word going around is that Premiere will not be showing every 3pm game, and in fact DigitALB will be showing more, as Premiere have got back the Bundesliga rights - _http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=618770

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
Salty25 said:
Apparently the word going around is that Premiere will not be showing every 3pm game, and in fact DigitALB will be showing more, as Premiere have got back the Bundesliga rights - _http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=618770

Good I hope so as all I have is my dish locked on 16e with a DigitALB card
all I ever watch is this package, so roll on the footy season

jugnoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ART
My Location
South East England
bigkenny said:
Good I hope so as all I have is my dish locked on 16e with a DigitALB card
all I ever watch is this package, so roll on the footy season

mate how did the card cost you,
i have been looking at prices on various websites and the difference is massive from site to site.
would prefer to buy from a recommended site.
also what decorder are you using, i have a humax which was used for art sports last season.

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
jugnoo said:
mate how did the card cost you,
i have been looking at prices on various websites and the difference is massive from site to site.
would prefer to buy from a recommended site.
also what decorder are you using, i have a humax which was used for art sports last season.

I have a Strong 4355 and use a Dragon Cam the card cost me £139.95, but is now £159.00
for 12 months I got it from _http://cart.satellitetv2u.co.uk/
They sent it straight away and are good to deal with no problems

gerrylvslee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Rex 4 receiver, 32 inch LCD lexsor, sony amplifier, Custom built pc with pentium 4- 3.6ghz radeon 1900 graphics card, 2gb memory, dvdr-rw, x blade case, 600 gb storage.
My Location
ireland
Conor g Just read that you have been watching Premiere's coverage, can you tell me what satellite i can find this channel? How much is subscription? and can it be hacked.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Just seen Showtime have updated their games for the opening week of the season, looks like they are going to be like ART but better. I also presume the picture quality on Showtime is better than it was on ART?

Now where did I put that 2.4m dish :eek:

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
gerrylvslee said:
Conor g Just read that you have been watching Premiere's coverage, can you tell me what satellite i can find this channel? How much is subscription? and can it be hacked.

I`ve been watching SuperSport package on 16e using the Digitalb 12 Month Super Sport card.

The card cost me £139.95 this included all tax and postage. The card arrived
a day after I paid it, Good service. I just had to email back the card details
so they could activate it. All working great.

The Sat is 16e Eutelsat you will need a CAM or embeded STB with CONAX.
I`m using a Dragon Cam a bit slow to come on but when on its all OK

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Just wondering about TPS, just read previous replies.
Is this FTA for the EPL or do you have to buy a card as not sure on
what people mean on cams etc.
Do you need a particular box.
What is the set up ?
Thanks

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Premiere is on 19.2E. You would probably be looking about £450 for a 12 month subscription, unless you have friends or family in Germany who could subscribe directly to Premiere Sport Portal, which would be considerably cheaper (maybe around £100?).

Also worth keeping an eye on developments with possible Bundesliga coverage on Premiere which might affect the Premiership coverage, thanks for that info Salty.

Premiere is currently open on Dreambox and other receivers, but there is no guarantee this will be the case when the season kicks off. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they change their encryption on the opening day of the season. Same story for TPS, but they don't have English commentary. Also D+ and TV Cabo.

Like many others here I am considering DigitAlb, but I'll not be buying a sub just yet for a number of reasons. The picture quality was reportedly very poor last season, so I'll wait until the new season is underway and see if things have improved. Also I'm not happy with the way the main supplier of DigitAlb cards has been employing illegal price fixing to keep the price at £159, even though some sellers would rather sell at a lower price.

So my current thinking is wait and see. Hopefully the first few fixtures I'll be able to watch on Premiere or TPS or D+ or TV Cabo or down the pub!

gerrylvslee said:

kingpinfin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci+ 80cm dish
My Location
BIRMINGHAM
Hello,
My first post, can someone please, please, please tell me which cam to buy to receive the most football please. Had art all last season and was thinking of buying Digit-alb card but was told to buy a cam instead. But what one? and what else will i need to keep it updated. If someone could give me an idiots guide from scratch would be brilliant.
cheers
sorry for long post
:confused (im new to this-lol)

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
Well you need a CONAX cam or you can use (like me) a Dragon Cam I`ve tested with a Matrix Reloaded but I found it froze every so often and you had to switch your STB on and off it worked though.

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
conorg said:
snip

Like many others here I am considering DigitAlb, but I'll not be buying a sub just yet for a number of reasons. The picture quality was reportedly very poor last season, so I'll wait until the new season is underway and see if things have improved. Also I'm not happy with the way the main supplier of DigitAlb cards has been employing illegal price fixing to keep the price at £159, even though some sellers would rather sell at a lower price.

So my current thinking is wait and see. Hopefully the first few fixtures I'll be able to watch on Premiere or TPS or D+ or TV Cabo or down the pub!

I got my DigitAlb card for £139.95 including P&P. I`ve found the picture OK I have a 80cm dish and live in North wales

kingpinfin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci+ 80cm dish
My Location
BIRMINGHAM
Bigkenny thanks for reply, So dragon cam then and what do i need to update the cam when needed? and does this open up german premier too.
cheers mate

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Metre Dish, Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor, technomate 1500 CI+
My Location
UK
bigkenny said:
I got my DigitAlb card for £139.95 including P&P. I`ve found the picture OK I have a 80cm dish and live in North wales

Could you let us know where from ?
cheers.

Bubba Roy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
##
My Location
Costa Blanca
I am looking to setup a system to show EPL in my Bar for next season. Whittled it down to Alb or Showtime, there doesn't seem to be much info on Showtime here, prob due to the size of dish required in UK. Since I can get it here on a 80cm dish this isn't an issue. Any one know of a supplier of these cards.

Thanks in Advance

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
kingpinfin said:
Bigkenny thanks for reply, So dragon cam then and what do i need to update the cam when needed? and does this open up german premier too.
cheers mate

Up to know I`ve not fiddled with the CAM (check with groups for this CAM loads of info on it) I was always updating my Matrix Reloaded CAM week after week (to get TPS) but last year got an ART card and used on a Dragon no updating needed worked brill` ALL year. This season 2007 I have a DigitAlb card.