Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Sharkadder said:
yeah but the question is which ones have english commentry?

i watched the first half of the shield yesterday on TV sport 1 on 30 west and it was in portugese but i know some on 30 west are in english i think.

Anybody know which ones have english commentry? if not it looks like ill have to stick with canal + and french or spanish commentry, premier with its dodgy german commentry or TV cabo with its portugese, i guess i could always stick the radio on though ;)

i canot seem to get turksat from here :( and i have an 80cm in the uk, i must of just missed out on it or something but thats not in english either is it on that satellite?

Radio doesn't work in my experience as the satellite is delayed, by a second or so, unless you have a dab radio with pause facility.

zooma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
Sharkadder said:
yeah but the question is which ones have english commentry?

i watched the first half of the shield yesterday on TV sport 1 on 30 west and it was in portugese but i know some on 30 west are in english i think.

Anybody know which ones have english commentry? if not it looks like ill have to stick with canal + and french or spanish commentry, premier with its dodgy german commentry or TV cabo with its portugese, i guess i could always stick the radio on though ;)

i canot seem to get turksat from here :( and i have an 80cm in the uk, i must of just missed out on it or something but thats not in english either is it on that satellite?

Try FOX TV 11779 V on 42e this is the west beam the same channel is also on the east beam which might be why you can't get it. if not try on 33e you should get it nice and strong, Premiere carries the english audio you just need to change the audio track.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
premier on 19.2 doesnt because i tried it and it was only in german, so if i switch to 33 east i should be able to get it? and an 80cm is good enough size to pick that one up in the UK?

mh2264

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Telestar SR2 receiver with fixed 80cm dish
My Location
East Kent
I'm a little disappointed with the supersport channels on DigitALB at present. Of the 5 channels they advertise, 3 are entirely dedicated to the top Italian football clubs i.e. their own channels. I should have realised this by looking on their website, but i got carried away by ART last season and thought DigitALB had picked up the baton.This leaves just 2 for all the other sports they advertise including live football. If this is the case for the new season, then they will only ever show 2 live matches at once. However, i have read that they plan to introduce a 6th channel sometime next season.

zooma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI2000, Technomate TM-6800 HD, 80cm Dish, Tosh HD DVD, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Netgear Media Streamer
My Location
NW England
Sharkadder said:
premier on 19.2 doesnt because i tried it and it was only in german, so if i switch to 33 east i should be able to get it? and an 80cm is good enough size to pick that one up in the UK?

Premiere last season always carried the english audio for premiership games. FOX Turk has no english audio, but its a good FTA option, NW england 80%+ signal on 33e

michael01707

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m, Vantage VT-X221TS CI and 8000s, Technomate V-Box II, 18" Superjack actuator
My Location
London
Sharkadder said:

If you tried it for the Community Shield then you wouldn't have had English audio as this is only available for the Premier League games. Try on Saturday.

Rage9

Next Level L1nux
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV
Sky UK HD / Italy HD
My Location
UK
wod said:
Canal+ yes for Scandinavia 1.2m+ dish as on thor 1west*

You can receive 1west with atleast 80cm :)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
well i know i can in the uk cos i have an 80cm, that should be good enough

Salieri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pending
My Location
UK
Interesting thread. With a bit of searching I found that the dutch channels Canal Digitaal and more precisely Sport 1, seem to be showing a load of Premiership games, at least from the opening day. Although curiously on their program guide it shows them all taking place on the Sunday despite being billed as live. These should be on Astra 1G.

http://www.sport1.nl/Programmagids/?sunday

chalky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox + ART
My Location
Leeds
djc said:
Will let you know by the end of the week, as I am getting a 1.8m CM installed. I am prepared for this not being enough to get all the H channels, but should get most of them. A 2.4m is a no go for me.

Reading about this for the last month or so, it seems there are certain hotspots around the UK, the obvious ones being in the south east of the UK, where I think you would be pretty much certain with a 1.8m.

I will report back soon.

Hi djc. I'm in Leeds and I'm looking to get Showsports/showtime but waiting until someone has tried it near me. Have you had any luck picking it up yet?

Cheers

Martial

Boratland
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400CI super, Diablo Wireless, cas interface 3, viaccess smit cam,
Fixed Hotbird 13e, Astra UK & Turksat
My Location
London, uk
Hi Chaps. I was reading the comments and it is very interesting. If you check this website "liveonsat.com" you will get lists of football games available on different channels and satellites. Some are fta and some are not. Obviously this suits someone who has a motorised system as you may have to change satellites from time to time. You also have links to other sports than football.
And finally you can always watch some premiership football for free on your pc by going to _www.myp2p.eu You don't need to subscribe, it is free and I am sure that you can watch most of the games at no cost at all.
Arsenal 2 win it!!!

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
chalky said:
Hi djc. I'm in Leeds and I'm looking to get Showsports/showtime but waiting until someone has tried it near me. Have you had any luck picking it up yet?

Cheers

Hi m8, can only get the Vertical TP's which I get 85% signal, but I am just not getting enough for the Horizontal TP's, on Showtime Sports it cannot display the image, if it does it locks up straight away. Also on these my BER rate is through the roof.

Saying all this, I installed it myself, so maybe I have missed something, which is why I am getting a pro to come out and verify, otherwise I think it means a 2.4m is needed.

jugnoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ART
My Location
South East England
djc how does the subscription cost?
does it have to be a showtime STB?
and can you please elaborate on where/how to get the required equipment

thanks

jugnoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ART
My Location
South East England
any news of the quality of digtalbs signal>?

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
jugnoo said:
djc how does the subscription cost?
does it have to be a showtime STB?
and can you please elaborate on where/how to get the required equipment

thanks

Subs vary from £300-£600 depending on supplier.

Don't think you need a dedicated stb.

A 1.8m dish should be ok in the south east, try ebay for a Channel Master and get a LNB/Feedhorn setup.

poona

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised (needs adjusting)
TM1500ci+, 90cm ISS, TM motor.
My Location
northern ireland
conorg said:
Duvet: I contacted the guy in the installers' forum and we agreed a price for the job, but he is no longer answering PMs and I have no other way of contacting him. Let me know if you have better luck.

Did you ever get an installer? Im in same boat. (ballygowan)

DUVET

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thats what i'm here for
My Location
The Bronx Belfast
poona said:
Did you ever get an installer? Im in same boat. (ballygowan)

i need an installer myself ?

what did you need to get the priemiership games ?

i'm in belfast.