Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i just found this report,in our local newspaper website!
sounds real amazing:)

A man in England has one years voluntarily lived without money. Mark Boyle (30) lived in a caravan near Bath in southwest England, planted their own vegetables and tried clothes in the waste.

He has spent the past twelve months, not a single penny and is now a happier person, "said economist who studied and self-proclaimed" Freeconomist "on Saturday. So he wanted to live on "indefinitely" without money.

He cycled everywhere, his phone, he used only when someone called him, he cleaned his teeth with toothpaste out of alluvial sepia-bone, and his shower is solar powered. "It was liberating," said Boyle, who was born in Ireland. "It is a challenge, but I can save myself all the stress of accounts, bills and long hours." One problem is, however, was the social life. Instead of going with friends to the pub, he had made walks and made a campfire.

Boyle had done once before with a similar campaign headlines. Early 2008, he tried to go without money from England to India. But he only got to Calais in France, where he had to turn back because of various problems.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
On the BBC Newssite as well:

-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/8384124.stm

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
He should write a book on how he could get land, a caravan, bicycle, water and phone (including connection) for free.

dovercat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Televes 1mtr dish (102x113cm, Gain at 11GHz 40.5dB, Beamwidth 1.98degrees)
Televes 0.5dB LNB
(gain 57dB, discrimination 25dB, oscillator stability +/-2MHz, phase noise max-75dBc@10KHz)
Moteck 2100 Diseqc
Comag sl100hd
My Location
51.6 N, 1.2 W Didcot UK
Yes that and how he managed to produce enough food to feed himself for a year from his garden. Must be quick growing magic beans.
Should be retitled how a smug middleclass self-righteous person lived off their family and friends for a year to show how idylic it is to be self-sufficient.

Reminds me of the survival in the wilderness programs where it turns out they stayed in hotels.
With the help of a BBC film crew I dare say anyone could survive without money and travel the world with the goodwill and support of others who want to be seen on camera. Without the camera crew countries would deny you entry since you have no means to support yourself, or arrest you for vagrancy.
Its like that old tv show where they would do up youth centers and the like for nothing thanks to volunteers, or the programs where they do up someones home but run out of money so they phone around to find someone to give them a fitted kitchen and install it all for free.

SHILLING

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish & Stab HH100 on scaffold pole bolted to garage wall. TM5200 & TM1000 receivers.
My Location
east anglia
Good points, CH and dovercat, well stated.
bob

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
I wonder why he chose to live a life like that when he could have claimed thousands and thousands of pounds in benefits, had all his ultilities and house paid for and enjoyed at least three holidays abroad and satellite TV, video games, luxeries abound, all paid for by the tax payer???

I say he deserves a medal.:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Jumpstart said:
I wonder why he chose to live a life like that when he could have claimed thousands and thousands of pounds in benefits, had all his ultilities and house paid for and enjoyed at least three holidays abroad and satellite TV, video games, luxeries abound, all paid for by the tax payer???

That may be your understanding of how the benefit system works but take my word for it the reality is a lot different and after your £60.00 per week for 26 weeks that is your lot m8 if your missus still works...