LNB c/ku band

My Satellite Setup
dreambox7080
My Location
spain
which is the best lnb for both bands c and ku with only one lnb?

Chris1979

Live Long and Prosper
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.5, TD88 Clone, Gibertini 1.25 & Sky Mini Dish.

Fixed Lnb’s on 19.2°E,13°E,9°E,5°E, 1.0°W & 5°W connected to Mutant HD51 + TBS6522, TBS6983.

Dr HD D15, TM5302, Vu Duo connected to Plex.
My Location
South Somerset.
C&Ku combos imo are always a compromise.

If you have a prime focus dish you might be able to use a bullseye feedhorn.

My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15 x 2, 1Dr HD D15, Technomate 5502HD , Technomate 5402HD MK3. Octagon SX88. 1.2 Channel Master Dish. + 1.1 Triax. Both motorised, 53e - 45w. Inverto Black Ultra .2db lnbs on both dishes.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing for a CM dish I guess that will do both ?

st1

SMC-dish aficionado
My Satellite Setup
Mostly SMC dishes pointing at 28.2E
My Location
Nordsjælland, Denmark
Nothing for a CM dish I guess that will do both ?
Titanium satellite has a Combo (CK1S), to which you can fit a conical scalar. This may work to some degree, but remember the scalar is different for C and Ku band, so it will be a compromise design.
This may work for normal TV watching, but if you are motorising and/or feed-hunting anyway, I would think you're better off with an off-set C-band mouned slightly left or right of the center Ku.

With an offset dish like the CM design, you might get better results fitting the second (C band ) LNB, above the Ku though you will have to fit a second motor to move the reflector to the correct point.

If you have the money and space, put up a second dish.

Last edited by a moderator:

st1

SMC-dish aficionado
My Satellite Setup
Mostly SMC dishes pointing at 28.2E
My Location
Nordsjælland, Denmark
Titanium satellite has a Combo (CK1S), to which you can fit a conical scalar. This may work to some degree, but remember the scalar is different for C and Ku band, so it will be a compromise design.
This may work for normal TV watching, but if you are motorising and/or feed-hunting anyway, I would think you're better off with an off-set C-band mouned slightly left or right of the center Ku.

With an offset dish like the CM design, you might get better results fitting the second (C band ) LNB, above the Ku though you will have to fit a second motor to move the reflector to the correct point.

If you have the money and space, put up a second dish.
Erhm... I didn't write the last two paragraphs (highlighted).
While the claims may be perfectly valid, I cannot vouch for them, as I have no experience in using these techniques, and therefore cannot give guidance in that subject matter.