LNB giving constant output

My Satellite Setup
New satellite system with Technomate 7755 receiver, 100 by 90cm visiosat dish, chess HH120 Usals motor and snh-031 invacom lnb
My Location
SW France
I am trying to install a motorised system and have come to a grinding halt. I am puzzled by the fact that the signal strength, wherever I point the dish, stays at about 80% with a signal quality of 10%. I even took the LNB arm off and pointed it at the ground with the same result. When I disconnect the LNB input cable the signal strength falls to 8%. I have checked that the receiver set up (technomate 7755) is correct. Am I missing something obvious or do I have a faulty LNB?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I remember a receiver which showed a high signal strength without pointing at a satellite, the quality reading was all that changed, it could of course be a faulty LNB, or perhaps even the receiver. You really need to swap both with known working units as a process of elimination.