Advice Needed LNB Skew for 68.5e

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
Hi Guys

Have a titanium C2W-PLL Wideband C-band LNBF Dual on a 3.8m Prodelin (inverted setup due to sat be low on horizon)

The required skew is quoted as -36.5°

The LNB has markings as pictured below. I don't understand where the markings need to be to achieve -36.5°.

Any advice?

Attachments

• 171834292.jpg
    171834292.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 27

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
So put 0 marking on LNB at the top 0 degrees and turn anti clockwise 37.5?

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
Also ifi its 180 degrees out thats fine also right?

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
Ok confused again, 37.5° west is what? clockwise or anti? and if its inverted?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The optimal position is with a meter (or decent receiver) attached to give minimal signal from the opposite polarity.

You cannot achieve the best position using simple geometry on an offest dish (is it still inverted ?), sited on an az/el mount without your exact co-ordinates.

Are you looking for that one broadcast/temp feed again ? (it may be on a different skew setting anyway )

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Can a Horizon satellite meter be used with a C Band LNB to get the skew optimised?

I have an older version Horizon meter ( pre USB ) that I can load with both the H and V beacons for 68.5E but if the beacon frequencies are in Ku Band then it will not work. Does anyone know if there is a C Band beacon satellite list available for Horizon meters?

I had a look around the Horizon web site but could not find any information on the beacon frequencies they use in their meters for 68.5E?

Rgds

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
@ Channel Hopper - Hi, long time, hope your doing well. Yep still those same religious feeds. Usually lock them OK but always tweaking for improvement. Just found that im not pulling in all the TP's that some of the others in the same footprint are with even smaller antennas, hence reason for another tinker.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Can a Horizon satellite meter be used with a C Band LNB to get the skew optimised?

I have an older version Horizon meter ( pre USB ) that I can load with both the H and V beacons for 68.5E but if the beacon frequencies are in Ku Band then it will not work. Does anyone know if there is a C Band beacon satellite list available for Horizon meters?

Rgds

All Horizon meters afaik can be programmed with bespoke frequencies. Have a look at their website for the upgrades and editing suite.
The Horizon USB that I have does have a dB ratio setting that can be used to find the minimum cross-pol and is in virtual real-time.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
@ Channel Hopper - Hi, long time, hope your doing well. Yep still those same religious feeds. Usually lock them OK but always tweaking for improvement. Just found that im not pulling in all the TP's that some of the others in the same footprint are with even smaller antennas, hence reason for another tinker.

Is the dish still at the same location and did you ever find/fit the missing bolt on reflector panel 3 ?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
All Horizon meters afaik can be programmed with bespoke frequencies. Have a look at their website for the upgrades and editing suite.....

I found the C Band satellite beacon lists on the Horizon web site, they were down at the bottom of the list of selectable satellites. I created a custom file and flashed it to my meter OK.

There were 3 C Band beacons listed for 68.5E

CH IS20 Dis 68.5
CH IS20 Ewt 68.5
CV IS20 Sun 68.5

Looking at Lygnsat there are only Landmass H and Landmass V beams listed for 68.5E and the Intelsat web sites only lists one beam for C Band from the satellite with both H and V polarities. Does anyone know what these 3 satellite beacons relate to for 68.5E, possibly old beams ?

Rgds