LNB Skew

Roddyb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600 receiver, Channelmaster 1.8 m, Channelmaster feedhorn, Invacom C120 twin LNB
My Location
Umbria, Italy
Hi again. I've just been back to Italy and this time I bit the bullet and took a Sky card and box with me, this allowed me to get the Sky channels, C4, C5, BBC radio etc., but nothing from 2D. I'm relatively happy, but one thing is perplexing me. The recommended LNB skew for Astra 2 in my location is around -9 deg. However I had to twist the LNB to about -99 deg before I could get a signal i.e. 90 deg out! Have I done something stupid with the LNB? It's an Invacom C120 twin and so far as I can see it can only be connected to the CM feedhorn in one position. Have I possibly bought the wrong LNB or even the wrong feedhorn? The latter came with the dish. Grateful for any advice on this topic.

Regards

Roddy

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Skew at your location should be -10º.
If possible take a photo to see what the problem is. You should have only to make one short turn clockwise from horizontal (looking at the dish)
See guide:

Attachments

• skew.jpg
    skew.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 73

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
hi,

by the way snap i tryed to set an offset dish towards astra 2d but this time the whole dish was skewed to follow the arc´s inclination,and guess what i got that extra db on the meter ,i think the offset dish performs even better if its poited in a polar way so the whole dish is set in an optimum way facing the satellite ..it will great if someone could confirm my observation..regards

Roddyb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600 receiver, Channelmaster 1.8 m, Channelmaster feedhorn, Invacom C120 twin LNB
My Location
Umbria, Italy
Thanks Snap, I think you've answered my question in your thumbnail. The scale on the feedhorn is aligned to the vertical i.e. zero when the LNB is vertical, so my -99 deg is actually -9 deg from the horizontal.

Regards

Roddy