LNBF and dish Focal length

ali257t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSAT
My Location
Isfahan
Hi, My LNB is integrated with feedhorn. (its a ku-band LNBF)
This LNBF is installed on a holder (adjustble plastic ring) and this holder is connected to the dish by tripod.
The length of LNBF is about 15cm and its contain some parts, that are:
A circular muzzle in the front, a tube in the middle -or neck- (that is 7cm) and a square part in the back.
My dish focal length is 53cm and holder is matched on focal length when it is assembled.
Which part of this LNBF should be mount on the holder to save focal length? Frontal part and or middle part?
If your answer is middle part, dish to back of LNBF distance will be less than 53cm!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Adjust it for best signal.:)

ali257t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSAT
My Location
Isfahan
thanks, but i want to know, what is correct assembling?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Can you post photos ....generally it will be in the middle of the tube(wave guide) between the (feed) horn at the front and the (LN) Block at the back -

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As Robbo said, you adjust it until you get the best signal quality.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
ali257t said:
Hi, My LNB is integrated with feedhorn. (its a ku-band LNBF)
This LNBF is installed on a holder (adjustable plastic ring) and this holder is connected to the dish by tripod.
The length of LNBF is about 15cm and its contain some parts, that are:
A circular muzzle in the front, a tube in the middle -or neck- (that is 7cm) and a square part in the back.
My dish focal length is 53cm and holder is matched on focal length when it is assembled.
Which part of this LNBF should be mount on the holder to save focal length? Frontal part and or middle part?
If your answer is middle part, dish to back of LNBF distance will be less than 53cm!

Those dimensions match a C120 Channel Master feedhorn & MTI LNB 'made up'. If that is the case it's a C120 not an LNBf. Is there a 50mm flange with small bolts/screws connecting the feed horn(tube-muzzle) to the (LN) block at the back?

Anyway... the focal length should be closer than 53cm to the 'face'... the focal length is 'inside' the LNB's feed horn not at the face ... it's about 30-40mm in if you have got a C120.... or 49-50cm from the dish face to the face of the LNB's feed horn... then as recommended... fine adjust for best signal.

Again... a picture would help.